“An intimate B&B run gently by a kind widower” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of A Suite Dreams Toronto B&B

A Suite Dreams Toronto B&B
Ranked #2 of 115 Toronto B&B and Inns
Middletown, New Jersey
“An intimate B&B run gently by a kind widower”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

I knew I'd found a bargain when I booked this on expedia, but had no idea just what a sweet and thoughtful fellow owned and operated this delightful townhouse in Toronto's Koreatown, just one block from the Christie St. subway station on Toronto's only east-west subway line (along Bloor St.) From the moment I walked in, I knew I had been lucky picking this place. I knew of one of the few rules already, to take off one's shoes in the house, and since I like padding about in stocking feet, I was only too happy to oblige! Then Mr. Tan made a me a hot cup of tea on a frigid March night, and it hit the spot. After I got settled and caught up with hockey scores on the TV in my room -- and remember, lots of B&Bs don't bother with TVs at all! -- he directed me to a very nice Indian restaurant just a ten-minute walk down Bloor. And he gives you your choice of different breakfast entrees, all delicious, and I loved the yogurt/fresh fruit "appetizer." (Quotes added since one doesn't think of appetizers at breakfast, but essentially, that's what this is!) You can chill out and be quiet during breakfast, or, if you're a chatterbox like me, engage in interesting and pleasant conversation with Mr. Tan, who was born in China but is a citizen of Singapore. I even loved charming little touches like coasters with scenes of famous Singapore sites on them! Oh, and did I mention the place is clean as a whistle and charmingly decorated? I can't manufacture even the tiniest of kvetches! ("Kvetch" is a New York term for complaint, or one who complains!) Keep up the good work and hostelry, Mr. Tan!

Room Tip: There are only four rooms, so this is almost moot, methinks. My basement apartment was as quiet as y...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Hebrew first
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

A few weeks ago I had to cancel my trip to Toronto - on the same day I was to arrive - due to circumstances beyond my control. Obviously, and according to the Suite Dreams cancellation policy, I was to lose my deposit, which is the normal protocol in these types of situations. So, I sent a message to Mr. Tan letting him know that even though it was the same day I was to arrive, I wasn't going to be able to make it.

To my surprise, he messaged me back and said I wouldn't be losing my deposit, and in fact I could use it toward another stay (plus another night!) at Suite Dreams within the next 6 months. I had to re-read the email several times to make sure it sank in that not only did I get a second chance to go back to Toronto, but the deposit I already paid was going to be used toward my stay! Incredible! So here I am, writing a review to express my gratitude and say I'm happy to have another chance to go to Toronto - all thanks to Mr. Tan. I'll be able to write a proper review after my stay, of course!

The lesson learned here is being courteous and respectful of people can go a long way.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank RippinTits
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

Great location, fabulous restaurants close by and a great room and great host. Albert was very accommodating, made a great breakfast and his house was spotless. I'm defintely booking again for next year's trade show.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Richmond, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Suite Dreams is a great place to stay. It was spotlessly clean and beautifully furnished. Albert Tan is an accommodating and friendly host. His early morning chats while serving breakfast were a very pleasant part of my stay. He is an interesting conversationalist. Suite Dreams was conveniently located for me.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

My wife and I stayed at Suite Dreams Toronto B&B for four nights and had a wonderful experience. The owner, Mr. Tan, is very welcoming, prepares delicious breakfast, and does an excellent job managing this B&B. He is always happy to share his knowledge about the city, the weather, popular restaurants, places to visit, etc. We usually stay in hotels but will definitely return to this B&B if we are visiting Toronto again because it is clean, comfortable, and has a warm, hospitable atmosphere. It is also conveniently located near the subway, making it is easy to go anywhere you like. So we have nothing but good things to say about Suite Dreams Toronto B&B and are already planning our next stay! We recommend it highly to anyone who is planning to visit Toronto.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Choosing Mr. Tan's wonderful B&B was the best decision we've made in many years of travel. Mr. Tan is a generous, personable host, master of breakfasts, and fascinating conversationalist. The house is bright, clean, and elegant without pretension. The location is great, too.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

The owner was courteous and accommodating, and the place was impeccably clean with beautiful decor. We had a wonderful three night stay and enjoyed the location, and always a delicious breakfast to start our day!

• Stayed February 2014