“Toronoto B&B, Great Stay”

Clinton and Bloor B&B
Ranked #2 of 115 Toronto B&B and Inns
Cleveland, Ohio
“Toronoto B&B, Great Stay”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Selected Suite Dreams because it was near our daughter's home, close to restaurants & transportation. It is clean, quiet, beds are good & breakfasts are tasty but the best part is Albert Tan. Gracious accommodating host, engaging gentleman, goes the extra mile. Gives great dining, parking and touring advice.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Hebrew first
Lima, Peru
Reviewed 1 April 2014

This is the second time we stayed with Mr. Tan. As per last time, everything was superb, specially the host!!

All the mornings we were enthusiastic with the breakfast (you must try the cheese omelet, it is a must) and the lovely conversations with Mr. Tan. With this regard we must really thank him because he prepared two days earlier the breakfast because we needed to leave early.

Regarding the room, this time we stayed in the Cathedral Suite. Described in one word: Amazing!

Finally, as we said last time, the location is strategic: a lot of stores and restaurants walking distances. And the Metro is only one block away.

Suite Dreams Toronto B&B is Home away from Home! See you next year 

Room Tip: If you want a spacious room, choose the Cathedral Suite.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Oxford, Ohio
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Selected Suite Dreams because of its proximity to our daughter, and but also found that driving in and out of downtown Toronto was not difficult, taking anywhere between 12 and 20 minutes depending on traffic. Parking is available just down the street at $10/day, and access to public transportation is close by. The room, “Sunset Suite,” was spacious and well furnished, spotless, and had a comfortable double bed. Having to prepare a conference presentation, I especially appreciated the large desk and multiple outlets for computer, iPhones, etc. Mr. Tan is a gracious host, helpful in offering suggestions and attending to any need. Breakfast offered a choice of items, served in an inviting atmosphere. Glad we found Suite Dreams on TripAdvisor, and no doubt will return when visiting Toronto.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I arrived from the train station and by subway and with the excellent directions provided in advance by email, was there in just a few minutes - it's a block from the Christie TTC Station off Bloor, which made it a great hub if you like the subway, and a half hour stroll to the museums I was visiting.

Mr Tan is a lovely and considerate host - he "upgraded" my room and served a great breakfast every morning - I had to leave very early on the last day to catch the train and let him know I'd be gone before breakfast - he showed me where everything was so I could help myself, but in the morning he was already up to offer me a hot meal.

The room was very nice, spacious, prettily decorated but not fussy, very clean and well cared for - and the price was excellent. There are many restaurants in the area and it's very easy to get around.

I usually stay with friends in Toronto and since I was there for a longer stay I thought I'd give them a break and enjoy a little more autonomy myself. Mr Tan was very good at estimating how much hosting I was in need of, which is a rare gift in my experience of B&Bs.

The accommodating nature, courtesy and charm of the host are reflected in all the aspects of this place and my experience there. I hope to stay here on future visits to Toronto. Thank you Mr Tan!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Middletown, New Jersey
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I knew I'd found a bargain when I booked this on expedia, but had no idea just what a sweet and thoughtful fellow owned and operated this delightful townhouse in Toronto's Koreatown, just one block from the Christie St. subway station on Toronto's only east-west subway line (along Bloor St.) From the moment I walked in, I knew I had been lucky picking this place. I knew of one of the few rules already, to take off one's shoes in the house, and since I like padding about in stocking feet, I was only too happy to oblige! Then Mr. Tan made a me a hot cup of tea on a frigid March night, and it hit the spot. After I got settled and caught up with hockey scores on the TV in my room -- and remember, lots of B&Bs don't bother with TVs at all! -- he directed me to a very nice Indian restaurant just a ten-minute walk down Bloor. And he gives you your choice of different breakfast entrees, all delicious, and I loved the yogurt/fresh fruit "appetizer." (Quotes added since one doesn't think of appetizers at breakfast, but essentially, that's what this is!) You can chill out and be quiet during breakfast, or, if you're a chatterbox like me, engage in interesting and pleasant conversation with Mr. Tan, who was born in China but is a citizen of Singapore. I even loved charming little touches like coasters with scenes of famous Singapore sites on them! Oh, and did I mention the place is clean as a whistle and charmingly decorated? I can't manufacture even the tiniest of kvetches! ("Kvetch" is a New York term for complaint, or one who complains!) Keep up the good work and hostelry, Mr. Tan!

Room Tip: There are only four rooms, so this is almost moot, methinks. My basement apartment was as quiet as y...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 March 2014

A few weeks ago I had to cancel my trip to Toronto - on the same day I was to arrive - due to circumstances beyond my control. Obviously, and according to the Suite Dreams cancellation policy, I was to lose my deposit, which is the normal protocol in these types of situations. So, I sent a message to Mr. Tan letting him know that even though it was the same day I was to arrive, I wasn't going to be able to make it.

To my surprise, he messaged me back and said I wouldn't be losing my deposit, and in fact I could use it toward another stay (plus another night!) at Suite Dreams within the next 6 months. I had to re-read the email several times to make sure it sank in that not only did I get a second chance to go back to Toronto, but the deposit I already paid was going to be used toward my stay! Incredible! So here I am, writing a review to express my gratitude and say I'm happy to have another chance to go to Toronto - all thanks to Mr. Tan. I'll be able to write a proper review after my stay, of course!

The lesson learned here is being courteous and respectful of people can go a long way.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank RippinTits
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Great location, fabulous restaurants close by and a great room and great host. Albert was very accommodating, made a great breakfast and his house was spotless. I'm defintely booking again for next year's trade show.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business