“Nice little place to stay in Toronto”

Clinton and Bloor B&B
Ranked #2 of 115 Toronto B&B and Inns
jamieoRN
“Nice little place to stay in Toronto”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2009

We traveled from the US to Toronto for our first time. I could not believe how positive all the ratings were on tripadvisor for this B&B!! Mr Tan was a great host who has alot to offer. He has lived in many countries around the world and he shared many of his experiences with us. When we walked in he had an assortment of tour brochures for us and oriented us on the maps. He arranged for the tour guide bus to pick us up at the B&B our first morning there. If he didn't have a specific recommendation for us, he would call a family member for one. He really is a great host. He will even make dim-sum of you ask!

20 Thank jamieoRN

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Hebrew first
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2009

We stayed at Suite Dreams for 4 nights in June & had a wonderful time. My husband & I had the Sunrise Suite and our 3 teenagers were allocated the Sunset Suite. After booking Albert emailed me to advise me that he had upgraded them to the Cathedral Suite, at no extra cost, to give them more room. And what a room it was! It's very spacious with an outside decked balcony area & a beautiful bathroom. The house is immaculate. The neighbourhood is friendly. Very handy for public transport. If we visit Toronto again Suite Dreams would be our first choice.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
17 Thank Westies77
mt.laurel, nj
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2009

I stayed at Suite Dreams from 7/29/09 - 8/3/09 and again on 8/8/09 - 8/10/09. I made my decision to stay here based on the reviews I read on Trip Advisor. My experience with
Mr. Tan's establishment was first-rate. My room was clean and comfortable. The breakfasts provided by Mr. Tan were great. The B&B was convenient to mass transit
and located in a safe and vibrant neighborhood. Mr. Tan also provided me with maps and brochures and helpful hints about Toronto. All in all, I had a delightful stay at Suite Dreams and I recommend it highly.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
17 Thank rel3691
pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2009

my hubby and i went up for caribana (fun time, by the way!) and stayed with albert. what a relaxing home away from home. the house is so clean that you can literally eat off the floor. rather than being a victorian inn, it's contemporary, so if you'd like a "traditional" b&b, then maybe this isn't for you; however, if you want a friendly, but unintrusive host, with a convenient location to public transportation, delicious breakfast, and a quiet atmosphere, this is the place. albert has beautiful hardwood floors, so no shoe-wearing in order to cut down on the noise and scuffs(!), so slippers are a good idea if you have "cold feet." i hesitate to rave about the place, as the next time that we visit (and we will), it might be a problem!

16 Thank kathy01Pa
Avon, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2009

My husband and I have stayed in many B&Bs in many different places. This is one of the best! It is immaculate, quiet and the beds are extremely comfortable. We stayed in the cathedral suite, which is 700 sq feet with a very large bathroom with a jacuzzi. There is a private deck off this suite, which is a wonderful place to relax. The room has air conditioning and lots of closet space. Access to the subway is right around the corner. It is walking distance to a number of interesting spots. Albert, the owner, is extremely friendly and helpful. He gave directions, drew maps for us, and made helpful recommendations. The breakfast which Albert prepares is wonderfully nutritious, fresh and delicious. He lets you select your breakfast time and prepares your breakfast individually. You cannot ask for a nicer host or a better B&B.!

17 Thank AnnAvon_CT
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2009

My wife and me stayed in the sunrise suite for four nights in June and had the best time ever. This was my first time staying in a bed and breakfast and I usually do stay in four star hotels and above. The reason why I chose a bed and breakfast was that I had stayed with a host family in Toronto as a teenager and loved it. So now 12 years later I wanted to provide my wife with a sort of similar experience.

We took a limo from the airport to Suite Dreams and were dropped off right at the doorstep. On the way we had seen the area and all the bars and restaurants from the car so we knew that if we would be hungry at any time we certainly would not have to starve. The doorbell was answered by Mr Tan and he straight away provided us with maps and all necessary information a tourist might need and after settling the bill we headed up to our room which was on the first floor. The whole house is very nicely furnished and VERY clean. There is a cordless phone in the living room for free local and long distance calls and wireless broadband is available for free as well. The breakfast in the morning was FANTASTIC. Mr Tan makes the best French toast I ever head and to make sure you are healthy the first thing you will be served is all kinds of fruit with yoghurt.

The underground station is literally just around the corner however we chose to walk to the city centre to get to see as much as possible and it took us about 40 minutes.

When we returned in the evenings we found that the room had been cleaned as if a new guest was to stay there and the towels had been replaced, as mentioned before, VERY clean and tidy. One day when we returned we even found the cherries my wife had bought the day before to be washed and put on a plate in our room. On rainy days we were offered an umbrella and on very hot days we were provided with water as soon as we returned from a long day out.

Throughout our stay Mr Tan looked after us almost fatherly and it was a wonderful experience staying at Suite Dreams and I will always be happy to return. This bed and breakfast leaves no wishes open, it offers great value for money (no 5 star hotel has yet provided me with such a wonderful experience) and I can only recommend it. Thank you for a wonderful experience Mr Tan.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
16 Thank Michael81
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2009

We arrived early at Suite Dreams & unfortunately Albert wasn't in, it was raining, we desparately needed a comfort break and the area looked a bit bleak. We found a local cafe for coffee & washroom facilities then went back to Suite Dreams & Albert was home. Things improved from thereon (apart from the weather) as our room was ready for us, lovely and clean and inviting. We wanted to get into Toronto straight away as we only had one full day there so Albert arranged for us to pick up the hop on/off bus which is a really good way to get around, great value & you can also book other attractions with them (CN Tower, Harbour trip etc...). As the weather improved we had a better look around Korea Town and found we really liked the area and wished we could stay a bit longer. If you are driving it is worth paying for the parking with Albert as he obtains a permit so that you can park in the street near the house. He very kindly let us keep it on our last day as we weren't leaving until 3pm and spent a lovely sunny few more hours in Toronto. Also if you get chance ask Albert to show you the room at the top of the house - it's like a self contained flat & really lovely.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple