“A wedding at the Gladstone”
Review of Gladstone Hotel

Gladstone Hotel
Ranked #26 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Uxbridge, Canada
“A wedding at the Gladstone”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

From the time we checked in to the time we checked out, the service was top notch. They couldn't be more attentive and helpful. The food was amazing and the venue just can't get better. The building is old and has many imperfections that make it spectacular. The art displays throughout the hotel are stunning along with the living plant wall. The elevator is an experience, beautiful crafted and quite unique. The room was beautifully decorated. They are small rooms, typical of a boutique style hotel. The Eggs Benedict was fabulous. It is definitely not for the economy minded. But worth the price we paid. Lovely stay.

Room Tip: We did hear that rooms facing Queen Street were a bit noisier than others.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank brokebuttravelling

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

This hotel is set apart from all other classic everyday hotels. We stayed here for my 28th birthday, my husband found it and surprised me with a weekend in Toronto. The rooms are decorated beautifully and uniquely, and we had a great experience here. Amazing location and wonderful bar on the main floor. There was a mix up and we got bumped up to a new room on our last night which was on the corner and had a great view - no extra charge! Definitely recommend!

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ashleycee
St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

We choose the Gladstone for a January birthday getaway. It was perfect in every way. We booked The Racine Room as my husband is using old suitcases to decorate his studio at home so we wanted to check it out. The bed & linens were lovely. We ate dinner in the Cafe... ordering the chickpea salad, steak (which was superb) and pumpkin pie! Oh yes we did! What delicious food beautifully presented. My birthday question was answered with a fun & resounding yes!!!!
"Will ya still need me? Will ya still feed me! When I'm 64?".

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Diane U
Key Largo, Florida
Reviewed 4 February 2014

No room is the same, the whole place is a art gallery with very unique pieces. Good location in the art district easy walk or tram to downtown. Great entertainment and restaurants in walking distance (Duke Hotel).

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street are noisier (only single pane windows). Heat by A/C only. Room size varies...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank keysmike
Anahim Lake, Canada
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

My then boyfriend (now fiancé) surprised me with a room and dinner at the Gladstone Hotel. We stayed in the Billio room. It is a very romantic and beautifully designed room. The antique furniture held up by old books combined with modern hints and bold colours really had me in awe. It is an art hotel at its finest with a gallery on the second floor and art displayed on every wall. No two rooms are alike which you do not see anywhere else in Toronto and makes you want more. The elevator really stood out and made you realize that even with the modern art displays it is an old hotel. We loved the dinner as well. I highly recommend the lamb ribs. The sauce is divine and they are cooked to perfection. The service was friendly and ambience was cozy and romantic. We really enjoyed our stay in this hotel and plan on staying there again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Ottawa
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We went to a friend's wedding on New Year's Eve. We booked this hotel because of its proximity to the wedding venue. Biggest mistake ever.I don't know where to start.

1) LOUD! We found out on check-in that the hotel was hosting a large party for NYE. The party was located on the 1st and 2nd floors of the building. Our room was on the 3rd floor, right above what sounded like a night club. We got back from the wedding at ~1am. The floor was shaking and it was impossible to get any sleep. There was also a party going on in the hallway lounge on our floor. I phoned the front desk to ask when the party would be over and they were not apologetic at all and didn't offer to move us rooms. They just said "shortly". We were never given any warning that there would be a party going on there that night. Had we known, we would have booked a different hotel.

2) TINY! My boyfriend could barely fit in the shower and he is very slim. There was no counter in the bathroom, which made getting ready difficult. Also, there was no large or full-length mirror. Two people could not stand in the room at the same time basically. Something I might expect for NYC, but certainly not Toronto.

3) Did I mention that this evening cost us $300. Complete garbage!

Don't waste your money!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank L_MOttawa
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 31 December 2013

My Financee and I stayed at the Gladstone in room 406 and 407 (not sure which themes) for 4 days this past week. The customer service was impeccable. The front desk was more than helpful with any request we had but what was even better was the location of the hotel. You are on queen street west which is like the bohemian/arts/hispster vibe and it lended it self to a lot of different bars and places to eat. One place I would recommend to stop at is Grand Electric in Parkdale Village (less than a 5 minute walk). I enjoyed my stay and will be back in Toronto when it's warmer!!

Room Tip: There is a bit of a temperature difference between rooms facing the street. If you're hot-nature...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple