Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Downtown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewstypes of cerealfirst floordesk clerkroom was spaciousheatingtelevisionchinatownsubway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I stayed there for 5 days the staff couldnt be more helpful. the rooms i had was to the back of the building which meant it quite quiet within walking distance to St Lawerence market, cn tower the free wifi was great for keeping intouch. I was lucky enough to have a fridge in my room otherwise your had to hire it for your stay

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Lynn K
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Being realisitic, there will always be faults of some sorts at properties of this scale, price-range and age. I expected those, and when coupled with the price paid, I ended up sufficiently impressed that I could ignore them.

There were marks on some of the furnishings, scuffs to the wallpaper and the carpet in my room had certainly seen some better days. However, the bed was clean and comfortable, the bathroom spacious and the shower powerful. The wifi worked well, and the TV provided a good selection of channels. All the staff I encountered seemed friendly and pleasant.

The location is pretty good for Dundas Square/Ryerson/Eaton Centre/gay district but it yet far away enough not to be too crazy. There are many coffee shops/convenience stores etc within easy reach for food and snacks.

I'd like to give this a 3.5 rating, as average probably doesn't entirely do it justice, but a very good would be overselling it. It's not an awful choice, and if you get it for the right price it's a perfectly acceptable place to stay. I know it will be on my list if I visit Toronto again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank colmirl
Reviewed 15 April 2013

If you are looking for a good value downtown hotel in Toronto this hotel is well worth considering. It is only five minutes walk from Ryerson University and a couple more from Dundas Square Although the hotel could do with a bit of tidying up on the decoration, the en-suite rooms are clean with TV, free WiFi and coffee making facilities. Breakfast is basic with disposable cups, bowls and plates for the bagels, toast, cereal and tea/coffee. Finally, the staff are friendly and helpful. They dealt with a noisy patron in the next door room very efficiently, all noise stopped after we had rung reception!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mark S
Reviewed 31 March 2013

We stayed for 4 nights in march. The hotel is a bit run down and rooms are clean but dated and basic, in saying that, I would stay again. The cost was reasonable and location great, a 10 min walk to the Eaton Centre and Yonge St!
Breakfast was great, bagels, toast, cereal and tea and coffee.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charlotte L
Reviewed 23 March 2013

We paid about $100 per night while prices next door were $45 per night. The location is within 30 minutes of the major attractions. No parking at the hotel. We had to pay $20 per day to park a block away and carry our luggage. The hotel appears nice and clean when you walk in the front door. However, our "non-smoking" room had cigarette burns throughout the bedding and on the floor. The bedding also contained hair. The ceiling had several leaks. The bathroom only had 1 hand towel and 1 wash cloth. We had to go to the front desk each day to ask for towels, which were stained. Be prepared to walk up stairs, no elevators. We were on the 3rd floor. The continental breakfast contains: bagels, bread, cereal, milk and juice. We opted to have Tim Hortons. We did come across several homeless people around the hotel. We will read reviews before making reservations next time. Very disappointing.

• Stayed: March 2013