“Lion King Must See”

Princess of Wales Theatre
Ranked #21 of 532 things to do in Toronto
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Princess of Wales Theatre is a 2000-seat playhouse built by the father and son producing team of David and Ed Mirvish, just a block away from their historic Royal Alexandra Theatre. The Princess of Wales is the first privately owned and financed theatre built in Canada since 1907 - and the first anywhere in North America in over 30 years. Construction began on August 6, 1991, and the building opened to the public with the musical Miss Saigon on May 26, 1993.The theatre was built with maximum flexibility in mind. Its stage is one of the widest and deepest in North America - large enough to accommodate the most spectacular theatrical productions - and its technical facilities are state-of-the-art.
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

I had never seen the Lion King on stage and from the opening curtain I knew I had been missing out. The Princess of Wales theatre is the perfect venue for a production like this. It added just the right ambiance to the towering force the Lion King bestows upon the audience. From Rafiki's stage presence, voice and timing to the performance of the point size Simba it was all over the top and on point. Do not miss the opportunity of this adventure. Magnificently performed and with all the sounds and colors of Africa.

Prefect for all ages. I had tears in my eyes at the opening drum beat.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

This was my second time seeing The Lion King (the first time was in London, England), and I was very impressed! I must admit I was a bit bored during the show in London, but this group held my interest the entire time.

There was a great mix of comedy, music, and tragedy, with lots of attention paid to the audience. Everyone around me was very engaged, and I saw more than a few tears shed throughout the show.

The Prince of Wales theatre has a smaller stage than where I saw the show in London, but I think that works in favour of this show. I'm not sure any seats are terrible, and I was quite happy in row Q between aisles 3&4.

A special shout out to the neat sprinkler style taps in the washroom!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Went to see the Lion King and it was Awesome at this theatre! Great seats! Awesome interior and decor!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Best theatre in Toronto. Comfortable, incredible art, great viewing and sound. Very modern and can accommodate any play with ease.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Small theatre but much more intimate and there really isn't a bad seat because of it. The productions changes frequently so if you are waiting to get tickets, don't: it may be too late.