“Busy little Italy corner”

Sotto Voce Wine & Pasta Bar
Ranked #79 of 269 Nightlife in Toronto
Toronto, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Busy little Italy corner”
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

I like this place.
It's really in a perfect location for people watching as far as the neighbourhood goes.
The food is good.
Patio is nice
Guests are cool
No complaints
I would stop by this place anytime as its vibe overall is real.

Visited August 2013

Tel Aviv, Israel
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Italian food in toronto”
Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

The food is good but pricy ,portions are not really big .service is really slow and a bit un professional. Even though all if that it's still nice to sit and drink outside.

Visited May 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Best Caesar in the City!”
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Myself and my husband are anything but foodies but we certainly enjoy the rare night we get a chance to duck away from the repetitive cooking that comes with having picky children and appreciate a well prepared meal. We were on route to an old favourite in the heart of Little Italy when we fortuitously passed a sweet little nook that reminded me of my recent family vacation to Europe. The front door was ajar just enough that I could smell the tantalizing odor of homemade Italian cuisine floating onto the street as I past. We decided to abort our previous plans and headed inside. We were immediately greeted by who we later learned to be the owner. A well dressed, welcoming woman who took our coats and proceeded to take us through the menu. She was polite and patient as we asked her to take us through the extensive wine list. We settled upon a delicious bottle of Ripasso from Italy. For dinner we settled on a few selections as per recommended by the owner. Everything was fabulous, however, the Caesar salad (called the Romana on the menu) was hands down the best I've ever had!! Caesar happens to be one of my personal fav foods and therefore I would not give such an endorsement lightly. This Caesar was tremendous! For mains I had a rigatoni with hot Italian sausage in a black olive pesto. The owner mentioned that this item was new to the menu however it tasted as though the recipe had been carefully perfected over many years! My husband had a simple Spagetti Olio which left him not much for company as he could barely put the fork down! From service to wine to food to ambience Sotto is a sure fire hit! Next date night we will be back!!

Visited February 2013
Middle East
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Amazing food!”
Reviewed 8 December 2009

I was touring Toronto by myself and it was a Monday night. I was starving and I walked for almost 20 minutes to decide on a restaurant in Little Italy. Eventually, I decided I'm going to stop at this restaurant since it seemed cozy and it had people. My rule: lots of people = good food!

I sat at the bar and I ordered Salad, pasta and desert. The food was DELICIOUS and the prices were decent. Order the creme brulle cheese cake! It's very very good. I ended up paying around $35. People there are so sweet and it's a family oriented business. I was setting at the bar, watching Monday football and talking to the guys there. They were all super friendly. I'm Middle Eastern and I love when people talk and laugh when they are eating. It cheers me up. Great food, not expensive and sweet people. I highly recommend checking it out.

2 Thank AdventuresRover
Destin, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Good Food, Bad Attitude...”
Reviewed 27 July 2008

OK, let me first say that the food here is cheap, and very good. That's usually enough to keep me coming back to any establishment. But this place may be the exception.

The attitude of the staff, right on up to the owner reminds me of something out of the Soviet era... disinterest, rudeness, and a general lack of courteous behavior abound at this establishment.

Before heading out to a private party that was being held here, I checked this site and read a review where a group of people from Michigan had complained about the snooty service, and unpleasantness of the staff. I thought they were probably exaggerating and maybe just caught one of the waitresses on a bad day.... Oh, no.... they weren’t exaggerating, they were understating the situation.

The bar maid, a slim black-haired girl, with a scowl so deep you could have driven a truck into her furrowed brow, could barely muster a snarky "Yes..." when it came time to ordering a drink. Her face showed almost a disdain for the fact that she might actually have to do her job and serve someone. Each and every time I came back to the bar it was the same - eyes from across the room that acknowledged I was there, but not the least interest in getting over to me to do her job in a timely fashion. Her drinks were poorly made, she was slow, unpleasant and rude.... all the things you'd want in top-notch bartender!

The wait staff were no better - they'd scurry to and fro taking peoples plates and drinks away before they'd even had a chance to finish them - not once did I see any of the waitresses smile or ask if anyone wanted anything.

The owner, a bleach-blond fellow, with too much eyeliner - even by a woman’s standards, was sort of semi-gracious when I arrived (if you count introducing yourself), but by the time the party was winding down, didn't even have the courtesy, as I was leaving, to come and say, "Thanks for coming, hope you enjoyed yourself, come again etc" He just looked blankly at our party when we said thanks, gave a semi nod and turned away to continue wiping down the patio tables. I would have thought a handshake and "thanks for choosing us to host your party etc." would have been correct response.

So, all in all..... if you can take the bad attitude, phoniness, and just plain unpleasantness of the people working there... then you'll probably really enjoy the food, which I must say is superb and relatively inexpensive (the DJ's pretty good too!)

For me, it's one I'll pass next time I'm walking down College Street ... I already get enough lip from my kids!

2 Thank baltar