“Heartily Recommended to All Travellers” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Arise N Shine Toronto B&B

Arise N Shine Toronto B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Arise N Shine Toronto B&B
Ranked #36 of 115 Toronto B&B and Inns
Ottawa
“Heartily Recommended to All Travellers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2010

You'll find Arise 'n Shine a neat brick house on a quiet street in downtown Toronto.

Our bedroom was spacious, clean and comfortable, with wide windows overlooking a small back garden and neighbouring gardens.

Joseph is a most gracious and helpful host, who prepared a delicious and healthy breakfast and gave us helpful advice on tourist attractions and travel and transpo routes.Joseph's kindness helped to make our stay in Toronto a success. Arise'n Shine is the best deal in town!

Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
59 Thank RosemarieOttawa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Palencia, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2010

I stayed at Arise and Shine for two days, and it could not have been a better experience. From the moment you enter there and Joseph, the owner, offers you something to drink and explains to you the interesting things you can do in Toronto and everything that you need to know to be there, you realize that you are not in a hotel -you feel more as if you were in a friend's house-.

Everything was new and clean, the breakfast was excellent, and my stay was full of pleasant details. For example, the owners lent me their monthly pass for my weekend there, so I did not have to pay for my transport. Of course, this is not something that you can expect every time you go there, but what you always can expect is the attention and kindness of the owners.

If I go back to Toronto, I definitely know where to stay.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
52 Thank SAUTO
Elmira, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2010

Would highly recommend this bed and breakfast . Joseph went above and beyond to make our stay pleasurable. We needed an early start and a 7 a.m. breakfast was no problem. It was delicious. The rooms are spacious and attractively decorated. Very close to downtown Toronto with many restaurants within walking distance. I had to call probably 10 places before I was able to find this bed and breakfast that accepted a one night stay. Most want you to stay for a lengthier visit. Good value for the price. If in Toronto again I would return.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
42 Thank wmbrown
dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2010

I had to spend two nights on my own in Toronto and was really happy here. The place is spotless, the rooms are spacious but also homey. Joseph was so helpful - directions, suggestions, taking messages etc. He is also an excellent cook and made delicious breakfasts where the guests sit together which is nice. I also really liked the neighbourhood - out of the intense city centre - with some nice shops, bistros (Joy Bistro) and coffee shops. The tram at the corner takes you into town or in the other direction to the Beaches to relax. So much nicer than an impersonal hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
36 Thank raquel2
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2010

The place is very new, very clean, and very close to different areas. Joseph made the most excellent breakfasts and he always knew the best way to get everywhere. I had a loose idea of what I wanted to see. He took a look at my plans and advised us to get day passes for the public transit...on weekends two people can use the pass. And since it was Labor Day weekend, the pass worked on Monday too. Although Toronto isn't hard to get around, Joe helped us tremendously with our plans. Next time I visit, I'm definitely booking here.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
20 Thank juleonflux
london, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2009

My friend and I stayed here the night of Sept 5th and left on the morning of Sept 8th, 2009. Initially we were concerned about sharing a bathroom. Our fears were groundless, as we shared with only one other room and the bathroom was spotless each day. Another concern was the loaction, again we neddn't have worried. AriseNShine is located about 20 mins from downtown. Don't let that put you off, as it's in a nice neighbourhood, and there's plenty of things around. There are many quaint shops and eateries, plus the Greek and Indian neighbourhoods. Getting downtown is easy as the Redline tram stops is very close, and it runs 24 hours.
All this we learned from Joseph, our gracious host. And that is not an exaggeration. He gave us great tips on what to see and do, woke up very early (5am) to ensure we had a cooked breakfast when we left early, and dropped us off downtown when we were running late - he did all this despite our protests. I throughly enjoyed my stay here, and am happy to recommend and return.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
16 Thank diversetraveller
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2009

We originally had a reservation with Toronto Townhome but the B&B (I think it was Tan) cancelled our reservaation in the last minute. We were told that a mistake was made and the room was not actually available. Arise n Shine is owned by Tan's brother Joseph. So he made us a reservation here instead at a lower rate.

We got the upper deck suite and it was a huge room with a balcony deck, a walk-in closet and large master bathroom.

This B&B is CLEAN. Not a speck of dust anywhere. Joseph is a very friendly guy. He was really helpful with directions and suggestions. The breakfast was great.

In the end we were happy to be staying here. Would definitely recommend it.

Location is not too bad. A street car from the corner took us right into downtown. Safe and peaceful location.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple