“I'm writing this from the lobby of Filmores right now.......”
Review of Filmores Hotel

and 1 more site!
Filmores Hotel
Ranked #112 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
GreenLeadersBronze level
Toronto
“I'm writing this from the lobby of Filmores right now.......”
Reviewed 14 May 2009

....and when I saw the last couple of reviews I had to put in my own 2 cents.

I have been here for three weeks already while I look for an apartment in town. I am so happy I found this place. The price is so much better than other hotels downtown, I nevver would have been able to afford to stay at any of them for this long.....and I never would have found the apartment I'm moving into on Friday.

There aren't any bugs....the rooms are really clean and well kept.I've been in two different rooms and I haven't had any problems like that.
the neighbourhood ain't great but it isn't much different than the rest of the Downtown that I've seen when apartment hunting. But I haven't had any problems here....it's so quiet and the staff keep it safe.
The only real complaint I would have is that I got woken up a few mornings( I like to sleep in) when they were redoing the walls and putting in new carpets.....but it looks so much better and everyone was so nice about everything I feel bad saying anything.

The staff are great and always try to be helpful with any problems or questions....they really seem to care about the guests.

I don't know what some of the other people writing here were expecting for these prices but I think this is a great bargain and I was really really lucky I found it.

I would definitely recommend this place to anyone who needs a cheap place for a few days or a few weeks.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
8 Thank d0wnt0wnbr0wn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
TORONTO
Reviewed 7 February 2009

I will just get right to the point.
Clean to an extent. It is an old place. Bad area... and it is on top of a strip joint.

There are bed bugs. Sorry just being honest.

I admit it is reasonable... but they have odd rules.
You must pay for friends to visit after 11. (per person)

I think this place is more for a homeless person trying to get back on their feet. Not for someone visiting.

The price is cheap. Lowest in town that is reasonable living.

Best I could say.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank KINGLIFER
Ottawa
Reviewed 3 January 2009

I had a very different experience from the review I read on this site. Hotel was surprisingly clean, staff friendly, area safe (street peeps are harmless) and rooms were as advertised - no frills, contemporary renovated with cable TV, 24/7 security and cheap. As a salesman who visits Toronto frequently, why spend $100's a night when I can spend $210/week.

Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank SalTheSalesman
ottawa
Reviewed 8 October 2006

Staff were friendly, but the neighborhood will have you clutching your wallet and running for cover. The place is mostly clean, but old and not well kept. Carpets are stained and smelly, beds are old, smells like old men.
I wouldn't recommend it, unless you are in need of something cheap and temporary.

• Liked — it was cheap
  • Disliked — neighborhood
  • Tips/Secrets — look elsewhere first
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank marctoday