“DO NOT BOOK HERE!”

Ranked #63 of 101 Speciality Lodging in Toronto
England, United Kingdom
“DO NOT BOOK HERE!”
Reviewed 26 February 2013

This hotel came up on a hotel comparison website as the cheapest option for a double room, offering a central location in Toronto city. Too good to be true? YES!

When we arrived at the the run-down looking hotel on Church Street, we were greeted by the receptionist who asked if we would like to see the hotel before we paid - this was a sign of what was to come! We walked up to our room along dirty and unsafe looking corridors to find the worst hotel room I have ever seen. Plastic bags covering the windows and a very dirty bathroom.

Believe the other reviews on here and do yourself a favour - DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL!!

Room Tip: Do not book here!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank dongfang10

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed 4 June 2012

i found myself stuck in toronto and was looking for cheap accomidations for a few nights.The only place in the city that had vacancy was dundas square hotel. Although the hotel looked unsafe and dirty i didnt have much choice and i paid the 3 nights upfront i didnt want to but they said if i didnt i might not be able to book another night. They said the only room they had avalible was in the basement, so i took it. They walked me to my room in the basement because the lights in the hallway wernt working and they used a flashlight. I would have fell down the sairs if they didnt warn me that the step was boken. My room turned out to be the storage room and had a number of mattresess against the wall as well as extra funiture, I didnt have a bathroom downstairs so i had to go upstairs and use the staff bathroom to shower and everything. The tv in me room had no cable so i got one chanel. It was in feb. that i stayed so it was very cold out my room was so clod that i had to sleep with winter coat and layer my clothes or i would have froze to death. They did give me a little space heater that didnt even work. In the morning when i woke up and had a shower (in the staff bathroom the door also didnt lock) i noticed little red dots all over my body. Thats when i realized i had been EATEN by bed bugs my whole body was covered from head to toe. When i brought this up to staff and showed thrm the marks on my arms and legs, The had the nerve to tell me that i must have gotten it from another motel that i had stayed at. They completely denied that there motel was dirty or unsafe. I checked out right away, they did return my money for the two nights that i didnt stay, but refused to refund my money for the night i did stay after arguing with the staff for half hour i left for the hospital to get bites looked at, the hospital confirmed that they were bed bug bites. I have never been so discussed in my life. I am ashamed that my goverment even allows hotels like that to operate. I know there are health codes and health inspectors and the fact that they allow this place to stay open is an outrage and embarrassment to my country. After i got home i looked up the hotel website and was even more discussed to see that the pics on the website is nothing like what the p[lace is really like. PLEASE EVERYONE READING THIS DO ME A FAV AND DONT EVER STAY HERE U WILL GET BED BUGS. Oh forgot to mention i think every drug dealer in the city of toronto stays there i was afraid of getting shot!!!!!!!!!! i wish i would have taken pics of my storage room

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
10 Thank tracy k
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2012

This is the most disgusting hotel I have ever stayed at.
I took pictures for all you to decide for yourself.
Very unsafe & dirty.
Absolutly Not suitable for families.

Spend the few extra dollars and go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Look at the rooms before you part with any money. Don't book & pay for this hotel in advanc...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
9 Thank BeautifulCANADA
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 September 2011

This was the most disgusting place that i have ever stayed. Only i had to pay for it cash before I would have walked. I have seen better buildings demolished. The Canadian authorities should not allow this hotel to operate. The room was smelly , the plaster was coming off the wall, no curtains, stains on the carpets, the sheets where clean that's all. I know i should have checked this site first. We all learn the hard way. CLOSE THIS HOTEL AND PULL IT DOWN!!!!!

Jim from Northern Ireland

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
7 Thank jim michael A
Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed 9 August 2011

In the middle of a heat wave, first of al it sucked to not have any cool air in the building other than the fan in the entrance. Stains covering the walls, stains covering the floors, stains in the shower, stains in the sink, stains on the blankets, and stains on the sheets. If you don't mind the smell of drugs all night and people talking and/or fighting, then it's an ok sleep. Don't go if you have a car, you'll have to wake up at 6am to pay for more parking time since that's the starting point for a new day of parking there. It was the worst sleep I've ever had. Loose wires coming from the walls, the phone wasn't even plugged into the wall. Want to open a window? nope, it's got a bar bracing it closed. Don't go here, there's better nicer places for reasonable prices in the city

Room Tip: just down the street there's another Hostel, and it's very nice and has a full staff.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Poprocks01
Toronto
Reviewed 25 April 2011

My experience there was good. Yes plenty seedy characters but nobody said anything. The management cooperative. The sheets were clean the attached bath to the single room on the 3rd floor was reasonable, hot water, and everything working. A clean towel provided, rolls of toilet paper, i.e. all the basics for a basic price. I hauled my own luggage up and down the narrow staircase. Checked my email on the common desktop at ground floor.

Room Tip: The wifi signal does not reach the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 November 2010

Frequented by drunks and tramps and the hotel reflects this to boot!

• Stayed July 2010