“Crack Haven & Hookers DO NOT STAY HERE”
Review of Central Hotel

Central Hotel
Ranked #64 of 104 Speciality Lodging in Toronto
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Had friends from out of town stay there during Pride as they couldn't find hotel vacancy. They said that we had to come and see this place. Well upon entering there was a couple crackhead/hookers in the entrance/lobby. We went up to the room and they opened the door we took one look inside and left.

Beware that they have also changed there name to Toronto Central Hotel

Room Tip: Don't stay here even if offered free stay.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank Latino81
There are newer reviews for Central Hotel

Reviewed 16 June 2013

Any hotel in a developing nation can offer more than this establishment. The bus station of Toronto is cleaner! The bathrooms are dirty and filthy! You can get sick or even die! The staff are badly informed about the city! If you are in a budget travel stay in a hostel!

• Stayed: July 2012
5  Thank Informertraveller
Reviewed 28 February 2013

I've never stayed at this "hotel", but I am quite familiar with it - this is a "hotel" used by crack addicted prostitutes and drug dealers to ply their trades. Every room is infested with bugs and the building itself is the scene of many violent crimes - on a weekly basis!

If you are travelling to Toronto from anywhere in the world, be aware that you get what you pay for.. $59/night for a hotel in the downtown core gets you this garbage.

DO NOT STAY HERE AT ALL COSTS.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank TOtravellers51
Reviewed 26 February 2013

This hotel came up on a hotel comparison website as the cheapest option for a double room, offering a central location in Toronto city. Too good to be true? YES!

When we arrived at the the run-down looking hotel on Church Street, we were greeted by the receptionist who asked if we would like to see the hotel before we paid - this was a sign of what was to come! We walked up to our room along dirty and unsafe looking corridors to find the worst hotel room I have ever seen. Plastic bags covering the windows and a very dirty bathroom.

Believe the other reviews on here and do yourself a favour - DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL!!

Room Tip: Do not book here!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dongfang10
Reviewed 4 June 2012

i found myself stuck in toronto and was looking for cheap accomidations for a few nights.The only place in the city that had vacancy was dundas square hotel. Although the hotel looked unsafe and dirty i didnt have much choice and i paid the 3 nights upfront i didnt want to but they said if i didnt i might not be able to book another night. They said the only room they had avalible was in the basement, so i took it. They walked me to my room in the basement because the lights in the hallway wernt working and they used a flashlight. I would have fell down the sairs if they didnt warn me that the step was boken. My room turned out to be the storage room and had a number of mattresess against the wall as well as extra funiture, I didnt have a bathroom downstairs so i had to go upstairs and use the staff bathroom to shower and everything. The tv in me room had no cable so i got one chanel. It was in feb. that i stayed so it was very cold out my room was so clod that i had to sleep with winter coat and layer my clothes or i would have froze to death. They did give me a little space heater that didnt even work. In the morning when i woke up and had a shower (in the staff bathroom the door also didnt lock) i noticed little red dots all over my body. Thats when i realized i had been EATEN by bed bugs my whole body was covered from head to toe. When i brought this up to staff and showed thrm the marks on my arms and legs, The had the nerve to tell me that i must have gotten it from another motel that i had stayed at. They completely denied that there motel was dirty or unsafe. I checked out right away, they did return my money for the two nights that i didnt stay, but refused to refund my money for the night i did stay after arguing with the staff for half hour i left for the hospital to get bites looked at, the hospital confirmed that they were bed bug bites. I have never been so discussed in my life. I am ashamed that my goverment even allows hotels like that to operate. I know there are health codes and health inspectors and the fact that they allow this place to stay open is an outrage and embarrassment to my country. After i got home i looked up the hotel website and was even more discussed to see that the pics on the website is nothing like what the p[lace is really like. PLEASE EVERYONE READING THIS DO ME A FAV AND DONT EVER STAY HERE U WILL GET BED BUGS. Oh forgot to mention i think every drug dealer in the city of toronto stays there i was afraid of getting shot!!!!!!!!!! i wish i would have taken pics of my storage room

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
10  Thank tracy k
Reviewed 6 January 2012

This is the most disgusting hotel I have ever stayed at.
I took pictures for all you to decide for yourself.
Very unsafe & dirty.
Absolutly Not suitable for families.

Spend the few extra dollars and go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Look at the rooms before you part with any money. Don't book & pay for this hotel in advanc...
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
9  Thank BeautifulCANADA
Reviewed 21 September 2011

This was the most disgusting place that i have ever stayed. Only i had to pay for it cash before I would have walked. I have seen better buildings demolished. The Canadian authorities should not allow this hotel to operate. The room was smelly , the plaster was coming off the wall, no curtains, stains on the carpets, the sheets where clean that's all. I know i should have checked this site first. We all learn the hard way. CLOSE THIS HOTEL AND PULL IT DOWN!!!!!

Jim from Northern Ireland