“A great place to stay.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
By The Park Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 115 Toronto B&B and Inns
North Vancouver, Canada
“A great place to stay.”
Reviewed 1 April 2011

I have stayed several times at By the Park. I call it By the Park BYOB - 'Bring My Own Breakfast' because I stay in one of the units with a private bath and access to a shared kitchen. The suites I have stayed in are very clean and comfortable and the location is very convenient for me as I have family nearby. The subway is close so I can hop on and enjoy Toronto when I'm not with my family. I love the Roncevalles area - restaurants, coffee places, an excellent if ancient movie theatre and book stores. Highly recommended for independent travellers! Margot and Ziggy helpful.
Elspeth Richmond

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Hebrew first
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 1 April 2011

We loved this place - very clean, great beds, easy parking and great location. We stayed here because our family lives nearby and doesn't have room for guests. It provided a great getaway from the chaos of family at Christmas. It was so clean we didn't have the allergy problems that we usually have in most hotels. We will definately stay here again.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 31 March 2011

We were visiting friends in Toronto, but wanted our own space rather than having to sleep on the sofa-bed, and got exactly what we wanted. I particularly loved having the use of a little kitchen where I could make a cup of tea or a snack. The bedroom was small, but had a big closet for stashing bags away and a massive four-poster bed with a very comforable mattress. The bathroom was clean, spacious and beautifully decorated. Sometimes I dislike B&Bs, because it feels like you're encroaching on the owner's personal space, but here I felt like I had my own tiny apartment fo the duration, and didn't feel guilty about coming in at 2:30 AM (we were there for New Year). The house itself is a gem, perched high above the street with fabulous landscaping. It's located minutes from the subway and a short walk to High Park and shopping and restaurants in Roncesvalles. High Park B&B exceeded my expectations and I would highly recommend.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 February 2011

Margo and Ziggy are great hosts. We stayed in the big room upstairs. It was beautiful. I wish we had more time to stay there. My wife's eyes popped out of her head (grin) when she saw how nice it was. I highly recommend staying there.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 29 December 2010

Hada Fabulous 6 night stay here. Room as spotless, beautifully appointed, and the hosts are welcoming and extremely helpful. Excellent value for the money, and in a superb location - a short walk to subway and transit. We will stay here again, absolutely!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Manchester, England
Reviewed 24 December 2010

We have stayed here three years on the trot, 2008, 2009 and 2010 and we shall be booking agian in 2011, so this must say just how good it is. Not only is it value for money, they offer top class rooms, really clean and well maintained, and ever so friendly. I am a stickler for good service and decent accomodation, and this fits it all.
Both Margo and Ziggy have always been friendly, leave us to get on with our holidays and no bothering you at all; one is left to do as one pleases and if you need help they are always willing to give it.
The area is really decent, High Park is just across the road, and now there is a Timmies across the road, so near enough heaven [sorry I have become addicted to Timmies coffee and the doughnuts].
Local transport is top class, there is the subway, trams and buses that all get you into Toronto Centre within minutes. They have safe and ample parking and if you want to cater for yourself there are enoug shops about to eat well.
We love there B&B and ther eis no way I would want to go anywhere else in Toronto.

Paul and Joanne from Manchester, England.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 24 December 2010

Stayed here for many weeks through out the year. Perfect location and many great restaurants and shops in area. Went for many beautiful summer strolls . Having the subway so close was a bonus. Did not need a car. Apartment was charming and super clean. Hope to come back one day soon. Even if not on business would book same place.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business