By The Park Bed and Breakfast
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Toronto
See available hotels
Drake Hotel Toronto(Toronto)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsindian groveb bself cateringshared kitchenkeele subway stationwonderful hostsloft suitethe garden view roomlovely homedaisy roomroncesvalles avenuehouse is beautifulhome away from homepublic transitensuite bathroomshort walkquiet street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I just returned home from a three night stay at By the Park Bed and Breakfast. It was my first time at this B & B and it will definitely not be the last. The hosts were warm, welcoming, and helpful. It was in the middle of a severe cold snap and the hosts' friendly warmth and the comfort of the place made my stay a real pleasure. The B & B is well located in the popular Roncesvalles neighborhood, one block from a subway stop. It is right next to the North East corner of High Park, perhaps the most beautiful park in the city. My room was luxuriously comfortable with a queensize bed with a memory foam matress. The decor is lovely and grounds are beautiful. The bathroom was really fine with lovely marble tile, a glass-walled shower and a soaker tub with air jets. The breakfasts were cooked to order. The hosts are eager to meet guests' requirements and, with advance notice, will prepare vegetarian, vegan, or dairy and gluten free food. I would recomment this place extremely highly.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Robert M
Aprilkot, Owner at By The Park Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. High Park and Roncesvalles Village are great places to visit. Come in the spring or summer and with the warmer weather enjoy the park and outdoors.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

We were fortunate to have been referred to this bed and breakfast by friends. I was pleasantly surprised to find accommodation of such quality and value in Toronto. We have always been disappointed with hotel stays in the past. As b and b owners ourselves, we can be very particular about comfort, cleanliness and attention to detail. By the Park receives top marks on all of these plus the décor is tasteful and the owners very accommodating. We are looking forward to staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ninegables

Thank you. A good word from fellow innkeeper is a great complement.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

My stay there was extremely comfortable; in particular, I was struck by the impeccable cleanliness and attention to details. Due to chaos at the airport the day of my arrival, I was 6 hours late and your husband was very gracious about it all. I loved the house and the quiet atmosphere and was only barely aware that there were others on some of the upper floors. I also adored your little dogs but could not reasonably offer to walk them since the weather was unsuitable. My reason for being there represented a difficult time since I was visiting my brother who is gravely ill. They live close by on Indian Road Cresc. I appreciated being able to return to my room later in the afternoon for a couple of hours of quiet time before returning there for dinner. I did find the temperature in the room to be very warm but your husband even took care of that for me by pointing to a window that could be opened. I did that sparingly so as not to cause a problem elsewhere in the home. Given the situation with my family, I may find myself there again in the near future and will be looking to further utilize your hospitality.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Graham S

Thank you and we are glad you found our place relaxing. Hope that next time you will be visiting on much happier occasion.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

I have been staying here on business at least once a month since 2009. Consistently great stay, always clean, always quiet, always friendly. Just a block away from the subway, 15 minutes from the city core and a block away from the High Park. Margo and Ziggy are the Innkeepers, beautiful people. Holy recommend this B&B for business and couples...Don

Stayed: January 2014
Aprilkot, Owner at By The Park Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

We are always looking forward to your visit. Just let yourself in - you know how, and your bedroom is waiting for you as usual. Hope you are warm and it did not snow you in. Think spring - just 51 days 4 hours away (but who is counting?)

Reviewed 17 December 2013

I recently stayed at the Indian Grove location in the Garden Room for 2 nights. It was an inviting, charming room. The bed was more comfortable than my own at home. The home was beautifully restored and decorated. Everything was clean and welcoming. I loved Margo and Ziggy, they made my stay that much more enjoyable, beautiful souls. I had a wonderful breakfast each morning which was prepared as soon as I can down stairs, so it was not only yummy but also fresh and warm. I can not say enough about this place, I loved my time there. I need to return to Toronto in April and there is no question as to where I will stay. Cheers Margo and Ziggy.....you guys rock!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Hello form cold and snowy Toronto. We hope you are keeping warm this January. Thank you for moment of your time and wonderful review. You are always welcome to our home- see you soon.