“Calm oasis”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
By The Park Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 115 Toronto B&B and Inns
New Glasgow, Canada
“Calm oasis”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I stayed at this B&B while my daughter was a patient at St. Joseph's. A well-maintained, comfortable spot on a quiet, residential street, but only a minute's walk from restaurants and services. Free parking, wifi, modern bathroom facilities, no surprizes. I stayed in one of the self-catering rooms - didn't use the kitchen facilities, but they appeared more than sufficient. I would definitely recommend By The Park B&B.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Aprilkot, Owner at By The Park Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you Pat. Hope you visit Toronto and stay with us again - hopefully this time for fun rather than medical needs. Enjoy great summer weather.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I was in Toronto for the weekend house-hunting (no easy task these days!), and arriving at this B&B after a whirlwind of a day was just a wonderful experience. Quiet and clean, fabulous home, with Margo and Ziggy as wonderful hosts; it gave me a space to think and rest. I can't recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Thank you Mary for a great review and we are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope you found your new home in Toronto and sad that we will loose you as guest. All the best and welcome to our city.
Wakefield
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We came from England to a wedding in Toronto and stayed four nights with Ziggy and Margo at the end of a snowy and cold February. The warmth of their hospitality and the cosiness of their lovely home added considerably to the enjoyment of our short break. They sat with us after breakfast telling us about Canadian life and giving us recommendations where to go and where to eat. When we left we felt as if we had been staying with friends. The B and B is right next to the extensive High Park, where we spent a morning exploring in the snow on a sunny day. The subway is just down the road, so the attractions of central Toronto are within easy reach. I would thoroughly recommend staying here.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
It was a pleasure to have you stay with us. You have to come to Toronto in the summer - lots to do and see. Weather is great now and lush green (no more that white stuff - hopefully for months).
Till next time.
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 8 March 2014

My wife and I experienced a wonderful weekend with Margo and Ziggy. We were thankful for their hospitality, the wonderful (and abundant) breakfast, and their desire to accommodate our needs. We appreciated the morning conversations, the restaurant recommendations, and how they opened their home (including watching the gold medal hockey game!). The neighbourhood is beautiful, and the proximity to Roncesvalles, the Junction, High Park, and the subway station makes this a great location. Thanks for a great experience.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for a great review. Remember, we are just short distance away any time you need to get away. See you next time. Have a great summer.
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I recently stayed at By the Park Bed and Breakfast in Toronto. I was traveling by myself and was concerned about safety. I stayed in the King St town house. Margo and Ziggy were great in making me feel safe and welcomed. The townhouse was beautiful, modern and very clean. It was the perfect place as I was in walking distance to my training. They are wonderful people and I could not have been more happy with my stay. I have more training in Toronto and this will be where I would stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Aprilkot, Owner at By The Park Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you, so glad you enjoyed your stay. See you next time you are in Toronto.
Vancouver
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I was in Toronto on business and chose to stay here as I prefer to stay in residential areas rather than "hotel ghettos" whenever I can. The location worked well for me - the subway station is very close, just a couple of minutes' walk. The home itself is very cozy and I enjoyed my room, which had its own fireplace and nice bathroom. Margo and her partner are very hospitable and the breakfasts are good.

Occasionally you can hear other guests through the walls (i.e. blowdryer going, alarm going off, etc.) but that can happen in hotels as well. Closet space for hanging clothes is limited but as I was only there for a couple of nights, I didn't have much anyways.

The neighbourhood is good and felt very safe. A few restaurants within walking distance (the Thai one was good). There's a pretty park a block away. I would definitely come back here on return trips to Toronto.

Room Tip: I prefer my own bathroom so my room had its own. It's on the second floor facing out to the str...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Aprilkot, Owner at By The Park Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Thank you very much for your comments. High Park is such a wonderful neighborhood - glad you enjoyed it as well as our home. Hope to see you again soon.
Greenfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I just returned home from a three night stay at By the Park Bed and Breakfast. It was my first time at this B & B and it will definitely not be the last. The hosts were warm, welcoming, and helpful. It was in the middle of a severe cold snap and the hosts' friendly warmth and the comfort of the place made my stay a real pleasure. The B & B is well located in the popular Roncesvalles neighborhood, one block from a subway stop. It is right next to the North East corner of High Park, perhaps the most beautiful park in the city. My room was luxuriously comfortable with a queensize bed with a memory foam matress. The decor is lovely and grounds are beautiful. The bathroom was really fine with lovely marble tile, a glass-walled shower and a soaker tub with air jets. The breakfasts were cooked to order. The hosts are eager to meet guests' requirements and, with advance notice, will prepare vegetarian, vegan, or dairy and gluten free food. I would recomment this place extremely highly.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Robert M
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. High Park and Roncesvalles Village are great places to visit. Come in the spring or summer and with the warmer weather enjoy the park and outdoors.