“Magnificent Accomodations”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
By The Park Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 115 Toronto B&B and Inns
Shepherdstown, West Virginia
“Magnificent Accomodations”
Reviewed 12 May 2010

This old house has been made over in an absolutely stunning manner. Reception was friendly, breakfast was very fine, but the best of all were the actual accommodations. They were absolutely amongst the best of any B&B we have encountered. It is convenient to the Roncesvalle neighbourhood--full of ethnic and exciting restaurants. Try Domani for great italian food.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
33 Thank NovaScotiaBruceCarol
TorontoApril, Owner at By The Park Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 28 June 2010
Thank you for a moment of your time and the great review. Glad you liked your stay at our home and enjoyed our breakfasts. See you again.
Margo and Ziggy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Hebrew first
Montreal
Reviewed 26 November 2009

The B&B experience was a very pleasant one. The house is LOVELY and the proprietors were very helpful and friendly. The house is immaculate and the breakfast was tasty and healthy. The location was for myself , perfect. The 2 little kitties were an added bonus. I would gladly stay at this B&B on my next visit.This home has been lovingly restored. This was my first experience with staying at a B&B and I absolutely think it is the way to go!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
15 Thank cheekyMontreal
It is so rewarding to hear from first time B&B guest. Hope it will become your favorite travel accommodation. Any time you are in Toronto - our doors are open to you and your friends.
Amsterdam
Reviewed 12 November 2009

We stayed in the house 'opposite', in the basement with the heating pipes above our beds......Those were no problem. We slept very soundly even with a group of women 'above' enjoying their High-school reunion. The beds were good, the shower lovely, the area safe and quiet. Around the corner a very tasteful and cheap Thai-resto. What else do you need on a holiday? The hosts made a delicious breakfast every morning and the other guests were interesting and very helpful with their information about Canada. We'll recommand this B&B to every Dutchmen: price-quality is excellent! Dirmar from Amsterdam,NL

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
32 Thank Dirmar
antigonish ns
Reviewed 4 November 2009

Thank you Margo and Ziggy for a marvelous visit to your home.
We were warmly welcomed when we arrived and made to feel very comfortable. Everything was beautiful and spotlessly clean. High quality decor and furnishings. Our bathroom was huge, well appointed and again spotlessly clean. Oh! that marble was beautiful. They were very knowledgable of the city and very willing to share information with us.
Beautiful neighbourhood, great location, we would highly recommend this B&B.
We'll be back.
Mary & Al, NS

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
16 Thank sashaleeAntigonishNs
Orillia, Ontario
Reviewed 24 October 2009

As a business traveler, I want simple things: good clean rooms, a comfortable bed, good food and of course the Internet. This Bed and Breakfast gave me all these things at a price that was very competitive. My project brought me to Toronto for 5 days a week for three months. High Park just a small walk away, the subway almost across the street, led to evening distractions like Yorkville, the Toronto International Film Festival, and the ROM...Bonus!! Margo and Ziggy create a home environment. Quiet and friendly. I have traveled all over Ontario, beleive me this is the best B&B in the province.

Don

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
19 Thank MitakuyeOyasin
Jersey city
Reviewed 10 October 2009

The most beautiful place and people i have ever encountered. The bed and breakfast is so well maintained. The breakfast is amazing and Margo and Ziggy are really great. They give an insight of all that is going on in Toronto and the best places to eat. No need for a guide. The house is so beautiful. I would surely go back and stay .

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
16 Thank smitag
Ontario
Reviewed 7 October 2009

I stayed at By the Park B & B for 2 weeks. I absolutely loved my time there. The "Rose" room was charming; the room and bedding clean and fresh. I also loved the fact that there was a kitchen for the guests to use. It was nice, not to mention economical to make my own meals if I wished to do so. This has been my first experience at a bed and breakfast and I have to say it was wonderful. It was not just the location and the beauty of the house and grounds that made it so pleasant to be there but the kindness and generosity of the owners, Margo and Ziggy as well. They both have a genuine warmth and a caring way about them. The atmosphere was happy and friendly and they go that extra mile to make sure you have everything you need to be comfortable. I think it would be a real shame to spend just one night there, it's that lovely. Cheers!

Heidi Knox ....Ontario, Canada