“If only all B&B were like By The Park”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
By The Park Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 118 Toronto B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 October 2010

By The Park sets the standard by which all B&Bs should follow. Thoroughly enjoyable stay, the Victorian suite is an elegantly furnished room with large 4 poster King size bed and luxury ensuite . Lovely breakfast with fresh tea and orange served by your host. Quick connection by subway to the downtown area takes about 15 minutes even in rush hour. Would I come back, yes, would I recommend this B&B, a resounding yes.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
17  Thank AdrianSeal

Reviewed 22 August 2010

We had a great first visit to Toronto with a wonderful stay at the By the Park B&B. The location was perfect for commuting to downtown via the subway with the Keele station only 1 block away. The Garden View room was large and spacious and the bathroom was huge and decorated beautifully. Ziggy and Margo were gracious hosts providing good conversation, tips about Toronto, and delicious breakfasts. The yard is also a wonderful area to relax and unwind after a day of downtown Toronto. Thanks for everything.

Dave and Carrol King

15  Thank dcking_sk
Reviewed 18 August 2010

We stayed in the Victorian Suite for 6 nights and this was our first stay in a B&B and it has certainly coverted us to B&Bers!!! Margo and Ziggy are delightful hosts with a wealth of information about Toronto and the surrouding area. The B&B is near High Park which is a lovely area and about a 10 minute drive to the Harbourfront Centre in downtown Toronto.
The room was lovely with a four poster bed and fireplace, and also a private bathroom. The breakfast was nice with fresh fruit,orange juice,tea/coffee and a choice of eggs any style or omelette.
Thanks for an amazing time (and say hi to April and Kitty for us)...from Mel & Stewart
We hope to visit you again very soon!

18  Thank mellieha1978
Reviewed 15 August 2010

We enjoyed our stay at this B&B. The Garden room was beautiful and we wished we had longer to spend there. The B&B's location is excellent and very near public transportation. We really appreciated the owners' attention to healthy and fresh food. The owners were very welcoming and the B&B is good value for the price. It is very clean and well-kept. Not to be missed is the second floor marble bathroom with beautiful shower and tub. Hopefully we can visit the area again soon and we would definitely stay there again.

17  Thank fritty
Reviewed 4 August 2010

We stayed at By the Park for a night in July. The house was a magnificent old structure, lavishly upgraded throughout, and possessing a beautiful garden which guests could enjoy. Stylistically, one could take issue with the combination of Victorian and modern Italian elements, but it was hardly a serious problem. The breakfast was very tasty. The hosts were reserved but quite cordial. You'll be asked to take off your shoes indoors for cleanliness; they have a supply of house-shoes you can use if you didn't bring your own. No complaints, and if you'd like to stay in a building that's a cut above the usual, this will do nicely.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
17  Thank Ottawa_Couple_8
Reviewed 22 July 2010

Thankyou Ziggy and Margot for all the hospitality!
I recommend this to any individual or couple! I will definitely stay here again.

I would also recommend this B&B for anyone taking courses at the Swansea Town Hall as it is only a 25 min walk or a short few minutes on the subway which is right down the street. Easy Access to everything in High Park and to get on the subway to downtown.

Firstly, We arrived to Toronto from Nova Scotia by plane ( on foot with luggage ). We called Ziggy and Margot and they clearly directed us to the nearest bus and subway station which is just a 2 minute walk from the B&B.

#92 Indian Grove - They welcomed us and we fell into our 4 poster bed for a great night's sleep. We were in the Garden View room with a shared beautiful marble bathroom. Clean, spacious, cozy.

In the morning we had an amazing vegetarian breakfast with homemeade muffins at the dining room table which was elegantly set with china. What a great way to start the day. At this B&B- which is one of two they own on the street ( check out bythepark.ca) on the street also offers high speed internet to check your email if needed. Their gardens are beautiful and the owners run the place themselves. Ziggy and Margot are both definitely talented individuals and a "Jack and Jill of all trades".

Margot and Ziggy reflect a respect for diversity, nature, environment and a need for simplicity. Both Indian Grove and High park Suites ( Across the road...as I stayed at Indian Grove week one and High Park Suites week 2-with Kitchenette) are quiet, simple, clean and comfortable.

The second week I was travelling solo in the Maple Suite at High Park Suites which had a private bath and a shared kitchenette with your own private mini fridge. This saved me many dollars eating out, Although theres an amazing sushi restaurant called "Wasabi" right down the street with great deals on all you can eat....and many restaurants on West Bloor. We also walked to Roncevalles to The Local Pub to meet friends which is a popular/funky local watering hole with live music. This area also reflected the beautiful polish culture which is rich in hospitality and traditional close knit family values.

I enjoyed sitting in the garden with friends sharing fresh produce/deli from Max's Market on Bloor Street ( Amazing) and a beautiful bottle of white wine. I could convince myself , at one point, that I was in Southern france somewhere. Beautiful...yet much cheaper:)

These properties are literally right next door to High Park which is a beautiful , natural oasis for walking, running, biking, or for those wanting to be entertained by live theatre or good food at the grenadier.

At the end of my stay, Ziggy booked me a reliable/safe shuttle back to the airport which allowed me to leave and arrive there on time = no stress, no hassle, and a great way to end my course and start my summer vacation.

It definitely helped me jump off of the "Hamster wheel of Life" into vacation and yoga mode.

Thanks to Ziggy and Margot for all they do! Ill be back:)
Shawna Shiers , Dartmouth , Nova Scotia

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
17  Thank shawna38
Reviewed 16 June 2010

At first, it was....what do you mean there's no phone in my room. My first B&B experience.
When I left, it was....thank you for no phone in my room.
I haven't relaxed like that ever.
Everything was wonderful. Marble bathroom, king size bed, lots of windows, it was great.
I was so happy to meet our gracious hosts, Margo and Ziggy, It was top notch all the way.
So....to my new friends, if ever your in Moncton, I hope you will call on me.
Hugs
Mona

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
17  Thank chalmer
TorontoApril, Owner at By The Park Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2010

Thank you. Always glad to hear from the happy guest. Hope to see you next year. Have a good summer and keep the tango going.
Margo and Ziggy