“Great food, great atmosphere but check your bill carefully!”
Review of Sfizio Pizzeria & Wine Bar - CLOSED

Sfizio Pizzeria & Wine Bar
Price range: US$5 - US$23
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Description: SFIZIO Pizzeria & Wine Bar is Toronto's newest authentic Italian restaurant where the food is always fresh including house-made bread, pasta and Neapolitan style wood-burning oven pizza.
Reviewed 13 August 2014

While visiting from British Columbia, we ate at this restaurant based on Tripadvisor reviews.

We went with the pizza since it was brick oven pizza, made to order and the previous reviews suggested that the pizza was the meal to have at the restaurant. It was very good - nice flavour with fresh ingredients. It came quickly and was quite large - would almost have served two but not quite. We ordered two pizzas which gave us some to take back to our hotel.

The service was good. The restaurant was not busy when we were there so there weren't really any waits for food service. But…….check the bill once it prints out - mistakes can happen and you could end up paying a lot for a pizza. While we enjoyed the pizza, we probably wouldn't eat here again - something about the error on the bill put us off.

2  Thank dhughesehansen

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We had a great experience at Sfizio. I had some friends from Italy and, let me tell, it's not easy to please an authentic Italian person. I did great.....Sfizio did great.....I recommend Sfizio for good food, parking , friendly environment...when you go tell Flavio that you are a friend of mine.
Patrizia
Ciao

Reviewed 11 August 2014

My husband likes to try the #1 restaurant in each place we visit, and in Toronto, it was Sfizio. The ambiance and service were as advertised, but the food was just good, not excellent. To be fair, I didn't order the pizza, which may have been my mistake. I had a few bites from my husband's, and it was very tasty. We were right next to the pizza oven and I can attest to the fact that everything is fresh and the chef takes a lot of care in preparing each one. My lamb chops were a little tough but the eggplant was perfect. The tiramisu was worth the calories. My advice: go to Sfizio, but order pizza.

1  Thank Mausi8960
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I have recently visited 2 of the 7 Gold medal winner Pizzeria restaurants in 2014 (Btw, all 7 are bast in Naples!) but in my opinion pizza served at Sfizio as amongst them and should enter the competition next year. Excellent quality together with a VERY good service, friendly staff, good wine and very reasonably priced. I think its position as number 1 restaurant in Toronto is well justified. Thank you for a lovely experience.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We ate at Sfizio for the first time last night. It was my wife's birthday and we wanted to find a nice Italian restaurant with authentic food. We were very impressed by the friendly staff who catered to every one of our needs. My wife and son-in-law ordered the seafood pasta. They were very pleased with the dishes. My daughter and I ordered the scaloppine. It cam with potatoes and vegetables. We thoroughly enjoyed our meals. At the end of the meal the restaurant presented my wife with a Nutella pizza and a candle for her birthday. Very impressed with this establishment.