Residence Inn Toronto Downtown/Entertainment District
Ranked #25 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 21 June 2012

We traveled to Residence Inn by Marriott Entertainment District June 13-17 2012. Everything was top notch from the front desk to housekeeping departments. The breakfast was a great plus. The guest service manager was the best manager that I have had the pleasure of meeting. I travel to many hotels and I have to say that this is at the top of my list..Lookiing forward to our return,

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,701)

Reviewed 21 June 2012 via mobile

Our room which had a kitchen area was clean and well equipped. The communal areas are also well maintained. On the first night we experienced noise from the next room until 5am. I complained to the manager who told me to call the front desk if this happened again. The hotel could do with a bar area in my view. Also at breakfast several items run out and are not replenished quickly and the hot food is the same every day. This could be improved. However go general the hotel is very good but could be even better.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 20 June 2012

What more to say. This hotel offers suites, even though we never used the kitchen because a hot breakfast is included, it was nice to have a real fridge. It's a 30 sec walk to the Rogers Centre and an easy walk to all of downtown Toronto. Found the hotel parking expensive, but there's a Vinci parking just behind it with better prices.

The pool at the hotel is on the cold side, but was quite nice after a long day of sightseeing.

PS: We managed to get this hotel through Priceline at an unbelievable price. Suggest trying that for others interested in downtown Toronto!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Great staff who were very helpful. Really nice, clean and well-decorated rooms. The location is excellent -- right downtown and close to the entertainment discript, theatres, Skydome, ACC, and a close walk to the subway system. The free breakfast and noon checkout were welcomed. I would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2012

This hotel was a nice suprise in a great location in Toronto's entertainment district. The rooms were a generous size with full kitchens and comfy beds. All the rooms here are suites, and for just one person it was spacious and like having my own little apartment downtown for a week. They had a great breakfast served downstairs every morning, and management hosted a couple of free meals (burgers one night I think, and fajitas another?). The front desk people were knowledgable and helpful. When all the luggage carts were gone, the girl at the front desk actually went up to my room with me to help me bring my baggage down! Room was clean and well attended, and for work purposes it was only a 10-15 minute walk to the financial district. I enjoyed my stay and can't wait for my next business trip to Toronto...I'll be staying here again and look forward to it!

Room Tip: Stay on a higher floor. There is a power station right beside the hotel and apparently if you'r...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We have stayed at this Residence Inn 3 times before, so it was a good choice for us again. We arrived at the hotel about 1:30 and were given our room right away. We also did valet park for our van ($35.00). For this, just drive up Wellington (one way street) and pull over in front of the hotel...there are several spots.

Room was on the 21st floor with views of the Rogers Centre and the CN Tower. These rooms are so nice....full fridge, sink, toaster, microwave, 2 burner stove, dishwasher and all the pots/dishes you need, as well as a dining table with 2 chairs. We were only staying one night, so we only used a few dishes for snacks. Everything was very clean and modern.

There is a great sitting area with a couch (fold out), a chair and ottoman, coffee table, etc. The bed is on the other side of the room...very comfy...and the two ares are separated by a flat screen TV that swivels in either direction.

There is a full size closet with a safe, etc. The sink is in the closet alcove area, then the toilet and tub in a separate room just beside this.

I loved how there were so many lights. One thing that drives me crazy is a dark room...this had many light options. The room also had 2 windows which let in a lot of light.

We spent time in the pool and hot tub as well. One note...the last times we were there the pool was very warm...it was great. This time, the pool was quite cold. Not necessarily a negative, but one thing I loved about this hotel was the warm pool. They have change rooms with showers right at the pool area which is nice, and also towels, etc. The fitness center is right beside this area. You need a key card to enter either place.

We had a great breakfast (included in the rate) the following morning...over at 9:30 on weekdays and 11:00 on weekends. It included scrambled eggs (I think the powdered kind), bacon, sausage and potato hash, oatmeal, cereals and breads, yogurt, make your own waffles, etc. It was very busy while we were there and some opted to take their food up to their rooms...we were lucky to snag a table. The waitstaff is very good at keeping the area stocked and the tables clean.

They have a mangers' reception serving a light meal 2-3 times per week (on a weekday), but we had just missed it. They had them on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of the week we were there, but we arrived on Thursday. They have a schedule on the fridge in your room for the whole month. It seemed they they were usually held on Monday through Wednesday, but not every time.

This hotel is so close to attractions downtown. A 5 minute walk to CN Tower and Rogers Centre, a little more and you're at Union Station, St. Lawrence market, etc. It's about a 15-20 minute walk to the Eaton Centre, etc.the area is very safe...I was walking alone (female) about 10:00 pm around the hotel area and felt very safe.

I love this hotel and will continue to stay here...especially if the rate is good. I have stayed at others downtown as well, if often depends on rate and who I'm travelling with.

I highly recommend this hotel...it is part of the Marriott family.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank travelloverOntario
Reviewed 15 June 2012

My wife and here had a limited one night stay at the Residence Inn and were quite happy with the location, room size, cleanliness and amenities. It was unfortunate we could not stay longer but plan to later this year.

We had a similar good experience with Residence Inn Rochester but the breakfast buffet in Toronto was not as good.

My only gripe might be that the furniture is definitely a 3-star grade although very clean and functional.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple