“Average value for quite a lot of money.....”

Residence Inn Toronto Downtown/Entertainment District
Ranked #24 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 9 November 2012

We spent three nights at the Residence Inn this October. My husband, myself and our three kids.
We had a good suite with a kitchenette, two bedrooms and a sofabed (for my youngest son)
I have to say, the suite was large and comfortable...until we had to pull out the sofabed. For a room suitable up to six people, there were four chairs only, so my kids had to eat on their brother's bed...
The service was really average, the room was cleaned but we did found hair in our bedsheets.
The Breakfast buffet was ok, as it was complimentary (as the wifi) but little choice.
I will book my rooms at the Mariott next time in Toronto, less money, for a much better value.

Room Tip: The sofa beds are EXTREMELY uncomfortable!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Btravel05
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Toronto Downtown/Entertainment District

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Loved the stay......beautiful bed. prices are always an issue for in hotel food. Otherwise a nice place & friendly staff. Reception was courteous & friendly. No problem using my Marriott $ from Amex. Helpful staff when getting directions & obtating a cab.

Room Tip: Be specific when selecting pillows & bed.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Stay at the Residence Inn Toronto Downtown was Excellent Excellent service was very good also for the cleaniness and service wise in all category everyone was friendly and professional
Strongly recomment this hotel to anyone that wish a friendly hotel.

Room Tip: corner rooms are excellent quite and nice well recommended hotel for quality price and location.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 November 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Residence. The location was great, within easy walking distance of transportation, restaurants and groceries. The room was gorgeous and very comfortable. The kitchen was well equipped. Hotel staff friendly and helpful. There were perks like a complimentary breakfast, newspaper, and more. I highly recommend the hotel if it is within your budget.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2012

This was a pefect suite hotel. Roomy kichen area with full size fridge, microwave and two burners. Nice sitting are with a small table and desk. There is a small bar in the lobby. Complimentary breakfast has lots of choice, eggs, bacon/sausage, english muffin sandwiches, waffles,cereal, yogurtand fruit.

A nice surprise was the two free social evenings with a complimnetary buffet from nearby restaurants. Bed was super comfy!!! and sheets divine.

It was an easy work to the Toronto ConventionCentre, CBC and Roger Stadium. Bit of a walk to the subway but not bad- I got off at St.Andrews and walked over on King St., and then down to Wellington. Lots of places to eat on King St, plus a Shopper's Drug and LCBO. and KIng St is the theatre district.
Great choice -would definitely stay again

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 November 2012

Stayed here for a few nights in September. Check in and ckeck out were easy and quick. Booking included a very good breakfast - surprising as most Canadian hotels I looked at do not.
Right beside the Blue Jays stadium and neat the CN Tower - a mere two minute walk away.
Also a stop for the City Tours is around the corner and the ticket is valid for a full 3 days.
Good sized rooms and very clean.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 October 2012

I fuelled up, got a car wash and left London in the morning, with my destination being this hotel. It was my 3rd visit, first by car (previous trips to Toronto by rail), and the beginning of the Labour Day weekend. I left my recently purchased auto with the valet and the spent the day/eve touring Toronto by foot/streetcar/taxi. I checked out around noon, requested my car to the valet service and was anxious to get out of town before the regular Friday mass exodus. The area in front of the hotel is/was very busy and (unfortunately) I did not take the time to look over the car carefully. About 15 minutes into the traffic gridlock, I had the leisure to look through the sunroof only to notice what appeared to be large water marks on it. While not impressed with the idea of spending $40 for a valet service to park my recently detailed car under something presumably leaking, I didn't give it much thought once I got home - I jumped in my tow vehicle with the boat in tow and headed to the lake for the long weekend. Upon returning, I took a couple pictures of the stains before proceeding to a touchless wash but the stain on the sunroom was still very evident. I proceeded to a self-serve wash and scrubbed what appeared to be calcium deposits. The washes did not remove the marks - I spent another 2 hrs at home with various cleaning products to remove them, and still have faint 'ghost' marks on the front fender. I sent the photos and story to the hotel manager and followed up with a phone call. Although she was polite and professional, she noted hotel policy that they will only consider claims made while still on the property. She ended the conversation with an expression of future 'consideration', and there has been no communication/action since. I'm not expecting any restitution at this point but I do offer this experience/review to other travellers as a point of caution and reference if it happens to you.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank RPMerk
Travellers also viewed these Toronto hotels
Delta Hotels by Marriott Toronto
Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Downtown
Radisson Admiral Toronto Harbourfront
Downtown
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Toronto Downtown

Been to Residence Inn Toronto Downtown/Entertainment District? Share your experiences!