We stayed here for 6 nights and can't think of any problems - only praise !!!
The location is excellent if you are on vacation as so many of the "must see" attractions are within an easy walk or can be reached by public transport. We used taxis on a couple of occasions as we were also here for our son's wedding and the hotel arranged for these with no problems - we just had to tell the doorman what was needed.
From experience, city centre hotels can feel impersonal but here the front desk staff were friendly and helpful and yet still managed to work efficiently. They bothered to ask how our day had been or if we needed anything.
The overall standard of cleanliness and upkeep were excellent both in our room and in the public areas. We made use of the kitchen area in the room during our stay on several occasions - they provide sufficient kitchen pots and pans for basic needs but just check the cupboards beforehand to make sure there is all you will need. We had a studio suite and found the size and the general layout to be good.
Breakfast was super - they even provided soya milk - so rare for many hotels. I really appreciated this. There was a good choice of cereals, breads, pastries, yogurts and fruit as well as cooked items that changed each day. Despite the hotel being very full we had no problems getting a table each morning. The whole "breakfast experience" was run with efficiency and cooperation. The staff rapidly cleared tables and replenished the food and remained helpful and friendly throughout.
Parking here is expensive but we managed without a car which solved the problem. We did rent a car for a day trip to Niagara Falls but returned it out of hours so again didn't need to use the car parking here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of the downtown entertainment district, near major businesses, restaurants and attractions. Steps to CN Tower, Ripleys Aquarium, Metro Convention Centre, Rogers Centre and the Bell Light Box. Residence Inn has perfected the extended stay experience offering 256 stylish, oversized studio, one or two bedroom suites with full kitchens and living areas. Enjoy a complimentary, full, hot buffet breakfast and a light supper social 2-3 nights a week, from 6-7.30pm. Relax in the hot tub or pool area adjacent to the state-of-the art fitness centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Marriott, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn Toronto Downtown/Entertainment District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn By Marriott Toronto Downtown / Entertainment District Hotel
- Residence Inn Toronto Downtown
- Toronto Residence Inn