My husband and I traveled to Toronto for a concert. I usually stay at Marriotts or Hiltons. This hotel is a 15 minute walk to the Air Canada Center and a five minute walk to the Blue Jays stadium. There is a Cora's for breakfast right around the corner if you don't want to eat the free (and crowded) hotel breakfast. We drive a large truck and the valet could not accomodate me, but I was directed to an open air lot a three minute walk away. It was much cheaper to park in the lot than the hotel parking (if you are on a budget you should consider that).
We had an open suite with a kitchen area (very well equipped), a king size bed, pull out couch, big TV and a very nice bathroom. Good water pressue in the shower. Bed was very comfortable with plenty of pillows. We did not get a great view, however, the City is still beautiful at night. If a view is important, perhaps call the desk and let them know instead of booking online.
No bar or restaurant in the hotel. They serve free breakfast, eggs, french toast, bacon, potatoes, cereal, milk, etc., on the buffett. I found the coffee to be terrible, but that could just be me. The front desk was VERY helpful and attentive. I would choose to stay here again. I think I paid just under $200 a night, but it was worth it for the convenient location and the nice room.
My only issue with the hotel is that on the weekends they clean the rooms until 6pm. Although we left for the day at 11, when we returned at 4 the room was still not clean. I called the desk and they said they are still in the process of cleaning. I had them bring fresh towels but they did not make up my room since we needed a nap before heading out again that night. So, if a clean room is what you want, stop by the desk on your way out and let them know what time you are returning so that they can clean yours first.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of the downtown entertainment district, near major businesses, restaurants and attractions. Steps to CN Tower, Ripleys Aquarium, Metro Convention Centre, Rogers Centre and the Bell Light Box. Residence Inn has perfected the extended stay experience offering 256 stylish, oversized studio, one or two bedroom suites with full kitchens and living areas. Enjoy a complimentary, full, hot buffet breakfast and a light supper social 2-3 nights a week, from 6-7.30pm. Relax in the hot tub or pool area adjacent to the state-of-the art fitness centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TravelUp so you can book your Residence Inn Toronto Downtown/Entertainment District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn By Marriott Toronto Downtown / Entertainment District Hotel
- Residence Inn Toronto Downtown
- Toronto Residence Inn