“Great visit as always”

Residence Inn Toronto Downtown/Entertainment District
Ranked #25 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We use this hotel every year for the AutoShow and it is the perfect location for that and other destinations downtown and in the entertainment district. Rooms are clean, a good size and they also have a small kitchen. Breakfast is included and has all you need to start your day. I highly recommend. One tip would be to park down the street as valet parking (all that's available) is pricey, even for Toronto.

Room Tip: park down the street as valet parking at hotel is pricey even for Toronto.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Karen H, General Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Downtown/Entertainment District, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

It was with great joy to read out your comments regarding your recent stay at the hotel. ...perfect start to our day and smiles on everyone's faces. Thank you so much and we look forward to welcoming you back soon! Kindest wishes, Karen

Reviewed 20 February 2014

My wife and I have stayed here a few times and we find this hotel fantastic for downtown Toronto!
The first time was when we had a wedding in the downtown area and then we booked a few nights to enjoy the Toronto Film Festival. The location seems to be perfect for anything you need to do right downtown. There is also a decent breakfast included and we find that saves much time and money when staying in Toronto.
Very nice staff, decor and amenities, although we haven't taken advantage of everything this hotel offers as we were busy enough already. I would like to return for just a 'night out' and see how it all is.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for being a 'FAN'! Our location certainly is in the heartbeat of the city and I am sure you will find many hidden treasures when you stay for just a night! We really appreciate your positive comments as we continually strive for perfection!
Wishing you a great week...Kindest regards, Karen

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Downtown location. Short walk to the CN tower. Very convenient to visit the islands. We booked a one bedroom apartment. Looked brand new with contemporary décor. Excellent free breakfast included, but may involve wait to get a seat.

Room Tip: Very good view from the higher floors.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Karen H, General Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Downtown/Entertainment District, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and we were delighted to read your comments out to the team! We are continually striving for customer excellence and happy you enjoyed your stay with us.,,,passion is everything!

Kind regards

Reviewed 7 February 2014

We decided to stay a night at the Residence Inn Downtown because we wanted to go to the new aquarium in Toronto.

On the positive side the good things about the hotel are closeness to attractions (CN Tower, Entertainment district and Aquarium), spacious room (lots of room to put things and big beds), clean rooms, pool and a good selection at the free breakfast buffet.

On the negative side I did not like the $40 valet parking. Your parking choices are to use their valet parking or park a block away for a little less.

The morning of checkout a pipe burst and the fire alarm went off. We were stuck in our room for over 2 hours. This caused us to get a late start at the Aquarium. When we went to check out there was no effort by hotel to make it better. We ended up writing a complaint letter to the main customer service center. Within two hours someone called and offered us a free night stay at the hotel. I thought it was very classy of them.

The hotel stay was nice (except for last two hours) and customer service went out of their way to right a wrong. I would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: It is not worth staying on a high floor. The RBC building prevents you from getting a good view.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank gcmaple

Thank you again for your in-depth review of your stay with us and also the unfortunate burst pipe, an effect of the Polar Vortex! We certainly appreciated you and your family staying with us and very happy that you will return when the opportunity lends itself.

My team and I continually strive for service excellence as with you our guest we have nothing!

Wishing you a most pleasant week and thank you again.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 3 February 2014

I stayed here for business last week... The rooms are big which is great but the staff wasn't very friendly in the morning over breakfast or helpful... I was waiting to ask them a question while they chit chatted for about 5 minutes before i rudely interrupted and the woman rolled her eyes at me. The concierge on the first night refuse to call a taxi stating "they come frequently" after 5 minutes and a meeting to rush to I called one.

The pool is nice it is salt water, however the change rooms are ice cold!!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Michele Y
Karen H, General Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Downtown/Entertainment District, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Thank you so much for your recent review regarding your stay with us we value your feedback. My management team and I have readdressed your concerns with the team as I we really do care as without you are guest we have nothing!
Passion is everything and we hope we can welcome you back in the coming months, please don't hesitate to call me if I can be of further assistance.
Enjoy your weekend and thank you again!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 30 January 2014

We stayed in a two bedroom suite. The room was self-catering with a great kitchen and living area. Nice decor and very spacious. Breakfast was included in our package and was of a very high standard. The hotel is well positioned for dining - with a number of good restaurants close by. Good value and thoroughly recommended.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Paul T

Thank you so much for your very positive review and we are so happy that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay! The entertainment district has so much to offer and that has such a great appeal to stay at the hotel.
We hope you have occasion to visit once again in the not to distant future, I would love to say a personal hello!

Kind wishes from my team and I

Reviewed 30 January 2014

My wife and I stayed here on January 28, 2014 while visiting Toronto for CBC TV shooting. The hotel is only one small block from the CBC very convenient and right in the heart of the Entertainment district. It made getting anywhere super easy. Room was big and well appointed with everything you needs for a short or long stay. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

My team and I were so thrilled to read out your review in our morning meeting! We are so happy that you were able to take advantage of all the Residence Inn offers and certainly location is the icing on the cake!
Hopefully in the coming months you have the opportunity to be in the city again and I can say a personal hello to you! Thank you for your loyalty to the Marriott brands we really value your business.

Kindest regards