I am in my early 20's- I've received my fare share of dirty looks and horrible service, though no experience I have ever had will compare to my stay at the Marriott Residence Inn. I stayed with a group of friends on June 7th, 2014. Around 10:30pm we were told by security that there was a noise complaint and we needed to turn the volume down or we would be kicked out (we were not the only ones who received this complaint). We apologized and decided it was time to take our group to the bar. Upon our return around 1am, after realizing our keys did not work, we were told by the front desk that we had in fact been kicked out of our room (but the bachelor party which included strippers, occurring just down the hall, were fine). Naturally we were surprised and when we told them we were not notified of our eviction, the attendants said it was their night staff who had kicked us out and there was nothing they could do. The staff had locked all of our belongings in our room. Two security guards escorted us to our room and actually proceeded to give us a time limit to gather our belongings, counting down from 15 minutes to 10 minutes and giving us a final 2 minutes stating that they "were not spending their whole night up here" with us. When we asked the security guard his name he turned away from us and stormed off (obviously knowing we were going to complain about his poor behaviour). Naturally some of our belongings were lost and misplaced. Upon returning to the lobby with our bags we were told by the front desk staff that since we had another room we could just pile into it, as long as we were quiet (our group had 8 people, the room slept 4) and were forced to give 404$ to pay for the room we had just been evicted from, on top of the 404$ for the second room. My advice for this hotel- lock up your cash and valuables and do not let the staff (especially security, ironically) take advantage of you. I would never stay at this hotel again, nor would I recommend it to anyone, as you will be treated like a zoo animal. I hope to never experience the embarrassment and stress that I experienced that night again in my life. It is a shame that the staff, especially security, was so unprofessional because the room really was great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of the downtown entertainment district, near major businesses, restaurants and attractions. Steps to CN Tower, Ripleys Aquarium, Metro Convention Centre, Rogers Centre and the Bell Light Box. Residence Inn has perfected the extended stay experience offering 256 stylish, oversized studio, one or two bedroom suites with full kitchens and living areas. Enjoy a complimentary, full, hot buffet breakfast and a light supper social 2-3 nights a week, from 6-7.30pm. Relax in the hot tub or pool area adjacent to the state-of-the art fitness centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelsClick, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn Toronto Downtown/Entertainment District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn By Marriott Toronto Downtown / Entertainment District Hotel
- Residence Inn Toronto Downtown
- Toronto Residence Inn