Cannot say enough good things about this hotel! It was located in a great part of downtown and was within easy walking distance to the CN Tower, Blue Jays arena, and Hockey Hall of Fame. Our bedroom was clean and spacious and included a king bed, sofa bed, and full kitchen. Free WiFi was included as was a complimentary breakfast and manager's reception (available only certain evenings during the week). The hotel service was second to none, and my husband and I were especially in awe of the staff who worked tirelessly to maintain the breakfast buffet and manager's reception. It was a holiday week and the hotel was packed, but the buffet area was always clean, food was plentiful, and staff were busy keeping tables cleared to accommodate the large number of guests moving through the area. The hostess at breakfast was a nice touch - she greeted us with a smile and we saw her pitching in to clear tables so that guests could be quickly seated. If it wasn't for such a hard working group of people, the whole breakfast buffet/manager's reception could have been a total disaster!
A couple of tips: If you are driving into Toronto from the US/Niagara Falls area, be prepared for a lot of traffic around 3-6 PM. There is construction work on Gardiner Expressway which leads you to the downtown area and it seems to quickly back-up during rush hour. We got to downtown around 4 pm and traffic was crazy. If you can time your trip, I'd suggest getting there by 3 pm or wait until later in the evening, around 7 pm. Note, however, if you choose the latter option, you may not be able to enjoy the complimentary Manager's Reception (simple food buffet and beverages) depending on the day of the week you arrive. From the calendar posted on our room refrigerator, it looks like they are offering the reception every Tuesday and Wednesday night through July, and I'm guessing that is consistent with the rest of the Summer. You may want to call the hotel to find out for sure. If you're traveling with family, you can certainly cut down on food cost if you plan your visit to coincide with the manager's reception.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of the downtown entertainment district, near major businesses, restaurants and attractions. Steps to CN Tower, Ripleys Aquarium, Metro Convention Centre, Rogers Centre and the Bell Light Box. Residence Inn has perfected the extended stay experience offering 256 stylish, oversized studio, one or two bedroom suites with full kitchens and living areas. Enjoy a complimentary, full, hot buffet breakfast and a light supper social 2-3 nights a week, from 6-7.30pm. Relax in the hot tub or pool area adjacent to the state-of-the art fitness centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Marriott, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Residence Inn Toronto Downtown/Entertainment District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn By Marriott Toronto Downtown / Entertainment District Hotel
- Residence Inn Toronto Downtown
- Toronto Residence Inn