Stayed here for a night and it was a pleasant one. Check in was fast and easy, and service was great. The rooms are very spacious and modern looking. I lucked out and got a room on the 21st floor facing the Rogers Centre with spectacular views at night. The full kitchen with supplies is a great touch for extended stays. I enjoyed the popcorn included in the First Night kit.
However, there are some drawbacks. The elevators are extremely slow... it's painful especially being higher than the 10th floor. The beds were not as comfortable as I expected. Both the King sized and sofa beds were not to my liking. There were many signs of wear and tear on pretty much all of the furniture in the room which could've used a touch up IMO. One member of the bar staff was extremely rude to us sitting in the breakfast area at night because we didn't order drinks... (Ok then?) The breakfast room was tiny in the first place to accommodate the amount of guests. The fitness centre was really worn out. 3 of the machines didn't work, it smelled horrible, and looked really dirty. Parking is absolutely absurd especially for downtown Toronto. I recommend parking at the various underground garages on King st for a quarter of the price.
In the end, the location, service (apart from bartender), and room size are the best attributes of this property. I would recommend this to anyone who want's breakfast and Wi-Fi included with the hefty price of a downtown T.O hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of the downtown entertainment district, near major businesses, restaurants and attractions. Steps to CN Tower, Ripleys Aquarium, Metro Convention Centre, Rogers Centre and the Bell Light Box. Residence Inn has perfected the extended stay experience offering 256 stylish, oversized studio, one or two bedroom suites with full kitchens and living areas. Enjoy a complimentary, full, hot buffet breakfast and a light supper social 2-3 nights a week, from 6-7.30pm. Relax in the hot tub or pool area adjacent to the state-of-the art fitness centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Residence Inn Toronto Downtown/Entertainment District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn By Marriott Toronto Downtown / Entertainment District Hotel
- Residence Inn Toronto Downtown
- Toronto Residence Inn