“Very good breakfast.”

Ranked #24 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Sydney
“Very good breakfast.”
Reviewed 13 August 2009

We had a two bed suite in the hotel and found it to be very nice, the view from some of the windows was a little unforgiving, but I guess you can't have everything. The location was very good close to shops, restaurants and not far from the CN Tower.

The staff were very helpful and the breakfast very good.

Overall I would have no hesitation in recommending the Residence Inn Toronto Downtown/Entertainment District.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank SydneyMary

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
niagara
Reviewed 12 August 2009

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times since it opened. I love the location, and the kitchenette in the rooms makes any hotel stay so much more comfortable. Of course, one can never complain about complementary breakfast! The staff has always been super friendly and helpful, from the maintenance and housekeeping staff, to the front desk and valet.
Every time I go to Toronto I look forward to staying there!

• Stayed August 2009
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 11 August 2009

I stayed here for two nights on a business trip last week and it was a really good hotel. Although I like rooms on high floors there were none when I arrived but the front desk put me in a room on the 9th that was quiet and with a full view of the CN Tower – very cool! At night, it seems like, on the hour, there is an entire light show on the CN Tower – it was great to see. I actually called the front desk to thank them – a first for me. I had booked the room on a discount hotel website and I was worried that I would get a terrible room but I didn’t. I didn’t have time to go to a Blue Jays game but had I, the stadium is literally 5 minutes (walking) away from the hotel. The location is central but not noisy. I like having breakfast included and snacks in the evening. I also appreciated the free internet. I would have like to be able to take a glass of wine to my room but could not as the hotel liquor license is just for the first floor. Of course as a Residence Inn the rooms are large. I used Parkview Limo Car service for airport transportation and was very impressed. Apparently this is a family business which is particularly nice to support. My flight was hours late due to weather and the driver was still there to pick me up and I needed to leave the hotel at 6:20am and sure enough again the driver was right on time.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank MildredK
Ohio
Reviewed 10 August 2009

A four night stay for fun and a convention. Chosen in large part from ranking here. I would stay here again, but there are some limits to consider. As an honest reviewer, I must include the swill with the swell. ... On arrival, I was driving and couldn't spot the hotel entrance before circling the block a few times. (Hint, drive south on Wellington and stay in the left hand curb lane). There is only a small marquee and no one was outside. You have to onload at curbside, and at 4pm there were only three porter/valet parkers for the hotel. The lobby is so small that two families checking in at the same time would fill it. More about the public areas: There is a breakfast-reception area which sports free food every morning, plus buffet dinner on Monday thru Wed nights (Not on Thursday now). The food is very good! A frugal family could eat a big (good) breakfast and a decent early dinner here Mon-Wed and not spend another thing on chow. And unlike most free hotel buffets, the hotel allows and even encourages guests to take food back to the room. On the minus side of this, the area gets crowded, and one might share an elevator with folks balancing their heaping plates of food. One more thing about the crowded public spaces. Besides the lobby and food area, there is a small bar open until 11pm. All of these areas are served by only two one-person toilets. And, the poor concierge has her little desk jammed in between these two toilet entrances. In summary, one should not expect a high level of service, or elegance and formality at this hotel.

If this were a blog I would expect to be flamed at this point. But in my defense, I will assert that I smile at everyone, enjoy the multi-kid families (who all also seemed smiling at their travels to this hotel) and tip happily.

But there are so many pluses here. The rooms are large, very well equipped, clean, well decorated, quiet, with nice beds and linens. All of the staff are friendly. The maids arrive every morning to clean, and do the dishes too. The hotel is very close to baseball and convention center. The hotel information book recommends the Kit Kat, a happily crowded small mid-level Italian restaurant around the corner, which was so to our liking that we dined there three times. Try the mussels. For joggers, trot south on Spadina and then go west on the bike trail. As far as you want. I made it to Humber Bay parks, but I think you can run another dozen miles at least...The fitness center at the hotel has eight high-end machines, small pool and hot tub. So...other local hotels have the breathtaking lobbies and fuller service and this Residence Inn will be a better or worse choice for you, depending. Jim back in Ohio

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Sunbu
St. Louis
Reviewed 9 August 2009

We stayed at this Residence Inn for three nights and found it to be a clean and comfortable! The staff were very helpful and attentive to any requests. The free buffet breakfast was pretty good ... but get their early! Request a room on the east side for a great view of the CN Tower at night! Some connecting rooms. Hotel is completely non-smoking.

The location is a short walk to the CN Tower (recommend making reservations for a leisurely and rewarding dinner in the 360 Restaurant) and Rogers Center. You can get to the Distillery District (great restaurants and pubs) and waterfront for @$12 CAD with tip. Casa Loma is @ $15 CAD with tip.

Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank St._Louie
San Diego
Reviewed 8 August 2009

Based on recent reviews on TripAdvisor, we booked a room at the Residence Inn and were not disappointed at all. This is a great hotel. We loved the location, the room, the staff, the breakfast buffet and happy hour -- everything was terrific. The central location is close to the subway and walking distance to many of Toronto's vibrant neighborhoods. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank SoCalTraveler94
Roswell, Georgia
Reviewed 6 August 2009

Based on the #1 Trip Advisor rating, I expected this hotel to be something special. It was okay, staff was nice, good location; I don't have any complaints, it just wasn't anything special. Walking aroung Toront, we saw lots of hotels that looked a lot nicer and in better locations. We could have booked a 4 star on Hotwire for a lot less money and I think it would have been just as good if not better.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple