“Great ride from YYZ-YUL!”

Threshold Aviation Airliner Adventures
Airliner Adventures Package
Ranked #4 of 167 Fun & Games in Toronto
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Airliner Adventures is brought to you by Threshold Aviation. Our state of the art Boeing 737 Next Generation simulator which was built into an actual 737 nose. Realistic flight controls and visuals. Over 100,000 airports worldwide. Each session is good for up to 4 people for the same price. No previous flying experience is necessary. As real as it gets without flying a real plane! We are open 7 days a week, and conveniently located across from Toronto Pearson International Airport. Within a few minutes walk from all airport area hotels. Click or call to book your Airliner Adventure today!
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Had a great time in the simulator today. Mickey is very knowledgeable, and tailored the instruction perfectly to my level. Will be back (and likely not alone)!

1  Thank NJJP
in 5 reviews
"motion"
"yyz"

Reviewed 13 June 2018

Wonderful 2 hours of learning about the inside cockpit of a 737.
Lots of laughs and touring of any airport you want to visit. One of our pilots missed the runway and we landed in a corn field. Very professional tour director.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

We took a family trip to Toronto, and I decided to surprise them with this at the end of the trip since it is actually so close to the airport. First some background; my kids (ages 18 and 23) are very interested in flying and the mechanics of flying; one is a grad student in Aerospace Engineering and the other is starting college this year in the same. Not that anyone needs to be that into it to enjoy this experience! The staff is very informative, friendly and helpful, and they really show dedication in making sure you have a great experience!

We chose to do a full two hours because I knew my kids would want the full experience with complete detail on all of the equipment. They had such an incredible time! We spent six days in Toronto; we did the CN Tower, the Aquarium, Niagara Falls, some Harry Potter escape games, and they both said that the Threshold Aviation Adventure was the BEST part of the entire trip. They talked about nothing else the entire trip home!

Reviewed 9 June 2018

Loved flying a 737
As a friend e-mailed me,"in a simulator, I hope!"

I am doing more tourist things this trip. As folks here probably know you have two flight simulators in Mississauga, ufly and Threshold Aviation. Reading lots of TripAdvisor reviews, I decided to go to Threshold that had a fathers day special (for a few weeks), and I didn't have to prove I was a father!

The flight deck is from a 737-800 that was retired after the "9/11" attack at NY Trade Center since the tail number included "911" My great trainer was Mickey. I had never used any flight sim programs but amazed how complicated the flight deck is when peak in on airplanes and a few YouTube videos. I would think some things could be more automated vs. all the dials to adjust speed, heading getting VOR info and then the stick as well as zillions of switches to flip pre-flight. How you start a turbine engine since no wind to shoot through when stationary using the APC to start wind flow wait for specific parameters to turn on the air/fuel mixtures etc. A somewhat complicated process to start each engine.

Also all the info you have to enter in the flight management system, weight including passengers and baggage, fuel requirements, etc. Balancing the fuel between the two engines and the crossover tank? for reserve. All very complex for a non-pilot but instructor was great having me do everything.
On take off after v2 distracted since no longer see ground out the window just sky so have to quickly look at the panel to see if ascending right and level until level off and see the horizon and the ground again.

I flew from YYZ to a military airport with a long runway in Niagara NY. You see everything as if real out of actually windows used. Over the Lake and line up with that distance tiny looking runway way out there. He had a laser pointer when I lost visual of it. The tendency for me was to over correct steering since such a massive plane behind me isn't like steering a car. You have to think kind of 3 dimensionally since as you turn (bank) you have to keep the speed up (nose up), and I had warning alarms going off a few times I was in too steep a bank.

I made an excellent smooth approach into NY (forgot name of the airfield) but over-steered the rudders once on the ground - have to get used to steering with feet once on the ground and forward thing with toes to break - although also had auto break switch on. Fortunately, the runway was wide but could keep it on the center line after hitting the ground.

I was thinking after the landing, gee we have to fly back to Toronto - kind of forgetting we were in the building in Toronto (Mississauga). Was very realistic and the actual flight deck of the retired 737.

Real pilot training is in simulators where you have motion of the plane moving vs this stationary simulator. As a friend said a real one would be too risky for us non-pilots getting motion sickness if we banked to much etc.

I highly recommended it if you're so inclined.