The Petryla Estates were a huge disappointment. I don’t recommend them for short term stays.
1) You have your own kitchen, which is well-equipped.
2) The apartment is clean.
3) There is a well-kept hot tub in the back.
4) The supermarket is close by, and a couple restaurants.
1) No air conditioning or fans. The place was stifling.
2) In the 3-bedroom apartment, two out of the four beds were pull-out couches. One of these was especially uncomfortable.
3) The shower ran out of hot water every day we were there.
4) Getting in to and out of the city by public transportation takes almost an hour – more, depending on where you’re going.
5) For 2 out of the 3 days the outside air smelled of industrial waste.
6) Decor leaves some to be desired – it’s like staying at grandma’s. Lots of oranges and browns. Nevertheless, the couches, etc, are comfortable.
***Important note: Make sure you realize that the “total” given in email does not include a $100 cleaning fee – no matter how long you stay. We stayed 3 nights, and were still charged this fee. When we expressed our surprise and irritation at this, we were subjected to an awkward exchange in which the landlord basically suggested that he thought we were going to trash the place. Customer service skills are lacking.More
- Free Wifi
- Breakfast included