“Fantastic Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2011

As someone who has travelled much of the world staying in 5 star hotels this one rates as one of the very best. Service was unobtrusive but always available. Help was accurate and knowledgeable and coevered every member of staff we cam into contact with.

The bedroom was well equipped and comfortable and and shoud we have found anything missing we are quite sure every attempt would have been made to provide it.

A home from home and a return visit to Toronto would be a return visit to the Hazelton.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HarryR60

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Greek first
  • Serbian first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2011

I travel the world on business, and the first thing I look for is an exceptionally comfortable bed, a beautiful bathroom, and wonderful service.

The Hazelton Hotel is exceptional in most instances. But seriously, for a hotel of that caliber and price range, one would expect the most plush bathrobes and towels.

Mostly everywhere I go, I seem to encounter FRETTE bathrobes and towels. Talk about luxury!!! I am so spoilt that I need FRETTE at home now.

But at The Hazelton, where exactly do they get their bathrobes and towels from? Really - they could use FRETTE. Wake up management - think of the little details.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank timaccen
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2011

The rooms are modern and comfortable with all the amenities you'd expect out of a five star hotel. The balconies are surprisingly large and well furnished. Don't shy away from a balcony overlooking busy Yorkville Avenue, as the soundproofing is incredible. The bathroom was really unique. Wall to wall granite, a heated floor, a large tv built into the mirror with an in ceiling speaker, a huge soaking tub, and a rainfall shower head extending from the ceiling. The complimentary mini bar and wireless internet were great bonuses. The service was exceptional. The staff addressed us by name everywhere we went and Dean, the concierge, definitely went the extra mile. The hotel restaurant, ONE, is excellent. The food and service were outstanding and the patio is definitely the place to be in Toronto. We reserved under a buy two get one free special, which helped bring the price down a bit...but the Hazelton was truly worth every penny and the Yorkville area with its upscale shops and outdoor dining is a great location to stay! The Hazelton is a true five star experience and is favored by many celebrities (Lady Gaga was there during our visit).

Room Tip: Request a 4th floor balcony facing Yorkville Ave.
1 Thank DLO1975
Kelowna, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2011

I've stayed at the Hazelton a couple of times before, and what I liked about it was the boutique feel, the ultramodern freshness and the great location within walking distance of great shops and restaurants.
When a car at the dealership is a "demo" car, it's a new model, but you can tell it's been working hard. The Hazelton now feels like this. It's new, but not fresh, and the staff is overall a bit aloof.
I had booked three nights for a business trip, but had to leave after the first night. First of all, the internet couldn't get to work. I heard that they had a network issue, but I get the feeling that whoever wired up that hotel did kind of a Mickey Mouse job. If you are using a Mac, you need to pick the "Hazelton Apple" network. Most administrators will know that Windows routers pick an IP address starting at 192.168..... whereas with Mac it starts with 10.0.... that's an easy change for anybody who knows how to setup basic networks should know. Anyway, I couldn't get any work done because the internet was down (and I had a deadline)... so I ordered room service. I won't go into details, but they got the order wrong. When I called, nobody came. When I called the 2nd time - the person who answered insisted that he did everything right. I was just exhausted so I crashed, called Amex Centurion Travel, and they got me a room at the new Ritz Carlton by the tower.
As I left, to be fair, the front desk manager was hugely apologetic and vowed that they will do better next time. I totally believe her. I don't know if this place has changed GM's, but this much I know about hotels: if you have a bad day with the service, it starts with the vibe from the top.
It has never been incredible with service anyway. Hazelton is like a "W" hotel - where the focus is on being cool, hip, and stylish more than focused attention on anticipating and exceeding guest expectations.
I'd probably give them another try if the new Ritz wasn't so much better. I think it's a lucky thing that the property had that one bad night, because had they not, I'd be staying at the Hazelton everytime I come into Toronto. And now, I have a new place to go. So thanks room service guy! and I.T. guy!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank Gary F
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2011

In all regards our stay at the elegant Hazelton Hotel was outstanding. The décor is stunning with a cosmopolitan flair. Our room was beautiful, extremely spacious and had the most comfortable bed we have ever experienced. I could spend hours in the gorgeous, expansive bathroom. We had a lovely view of Yorkville Avenue through glass doors opening to the street. These doors were of such high quality that we could close them and totally damp out the buzz of the city when we tired of being a part of the sounds of this fabulous neighborhood. In fact, this is the quietest hotel I have ever stayed in. I took advantage of the lovely spa and pool and was impressed with the beauty of the facilities. What also sets the Hazelton Hotel apart from other upscale hotels is the staff. Every staff member we encountered was genuinely friendly, professional and went that “extra mile” at every turn. For example, I lost a very small part of an earring in our room. I was sure it would be vacuumed up, as the room was impeccably clean. Much to my surprise, housekeeping found the earring part and left in a conspicuous place so I could find it. Original and unique art throughout the hotel, choices of cream content for the coffee in our room, control of all lights and drapes by the bed side are just a few examples of how no detail is overlooked. The Hazelton Hotel sets the gold standard for luxury. We look forward to out next stay at the world-class Hazelton Hotel.

1 Thank nyny4me
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

It was our first trip to Canada and my husband and I stayed here for 3 nights. I can't go on enough about how amazing the staff was. Every single person was friendly and helpful and we felt so welcome and pampered. Special props to Helene for the BEST spa body treatment I've ever had. Do make a visit to the Spa if you can!

The room was gorgeous! We loved the large dressing area and separate closets. The bathroom was a dream and quite large. The shower had awesome water pressure, which you might think is unimportant - until you've stayed somewhere it's terrible!! The bed was super soft and comfortable. The food is very expensive, but then again Toronto is an expensive city. Walk across the street to Starbuck's if you don't want to pay for a pricy breakfast.

Expensive food aside, I'd say this was one of the best hotels we've ever stayed in - and we travel a lot! I wouldn't stay enywhere else in Toronto.

1 Thank MissLarry
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

Me and my wife stayed at Hazelton for our wedding anniversary and it was amazing.Located in by far the best neighborhood in Toronto, with lots of restaurants, boutiques and bars just minutes away.
Concierge staff is very friendly, professional and courteous. Attention to details and design is outstanding throughout the hotel, the room was needless to say gorgeous, with lots of space and a beautiful black marble bathroom (the HDTV embedded in the mirror is the best!!).
Don't forget to go and try The Spa and fitness area, it's worth it.
Great stay will be back!!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family