“This is where to Stay in TORONTO!!!”
Review of The Hazelton Hotel

The Hazelton Hotel
Ranked #1 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 3 March 2008

I stayed in the Hazelton with a friend on Feb 16th and let me tell you this is the hotel to stay in when you are in Toronto. I live just outside Toronto and was staying there for a girls night away. I have stayed in many hotels but none compare to this one. I had a few special requests I asked of the hotel for my friend and they cam through and were so helpful. The staff is amazing and they do make you feel like a movie star. the room was beautiful and the bathroom was anyones dream!!! huge tub and the shower OMG I have never seen a more heavenly shower! they had a rain shower head that came from the ceiling and the water pressure was amazing! the bathrooms have heated floors and you get fluffy bathrobes! The room service was amazing but it is a la cart so you have to get everything seperate. Try the fries they are devine! The bed and pillows are so relaxing I wish I could have stayed at the hotel forever! This is my hotel of choice from now on and the place to stay in Toronto! I have a birthday coming up and I am going to book with this Hotel again for sure!!!

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with friends

Reviewed 2 March 2008

My husband and I recently stayed at the Hazelton Hotel in Toronto and loved the boutique ambience and service. It's right in the middle of Yorkville so it's convenient plus some great touches: big room, a sunken bathtub, fantastic restaurant called ONE where we ate at least one meal a day. Loved the ice cream sandwiches delivered through room service at midnight plus a little computer room in the hall so I didn't have to lug my laptop. The concierge and people at the front desk are very friendly and accomodating. And oh, try the spa. It's a calm oasis with wonderful therapists. The coup de gras?...during a white out snow storm they sent a house car to pick me up so I didn't have to bother trying to get a cab. That's SERVICE!
N Rosen

Stayed: February 2008
1  Thank naynay04losangeles
Reviewed 21 February 2008

Living in Toronto, and desperate for a romantic night away from the kids, my wife and I decided that the Hazelton Hotel would be the destination for a valentines day get-away. From the moment that we checked in, the staff made us feel like royalty. The room was fantastic, and we could have spent the entire stay in the bathroom alone. Who needs a spa when you have a chic, marble throughout facility in your own room? (they have a spa too, which, while we didn't use it, looked quite nice).

We had dinner in the area, and a few cocktails in the hotel bar, the atmosphere was electric and the crowd was quite intriging. When we retired to our room, champagne was delivered and we were able to take full advantage of its luxury.

The television is huge, the couch is cozy, the bed is amazing, the blinds are automatic and again, the bathroom is worth the stay alone. Everything we needed was right at our fingertips, and delivered quickly and without compromise by the pleasant staff.

The breakfast was absolutely devine and when we wanted to extend our stay, a much later check-out was granted to us without any question.

All-in-all, my wife and I had so much fun that we've decided to be tourists in our own city as often as possible, and it's quite likely that we'll be reliving this trip again by staying at the Hazelton Hotel.

I would highly recommend this hotel (and already have) to all my friends.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank toronto_living_2008
Reviewed 17 February 2008

Presently I am writing this review from my room. The business services at the hotel are exceptional.
The concierge team has done a great job of recommending various Toronto sights (and given me hours of operation). But the best part about my stay has been eating at ONE. I called ahead to book by reservation in the dining room (I recommend doing the same as they book out, and don’t hold tables for the hotel guests; I witnessed other guests being turned away). There was still a wait to get our table, but I spent the time in the lounge. What a great atmosphere. The bar staff were beyond efficient and the drinks were amazing. The hostess came and found us in the bar to show us to our table. The food was incredible, and the service was perfect. This morning I am happily enjoying room service, these guys know what they are doing.
I am paying $450 for the room (not bad for a Saturday night in Toronto with a stunning room)

If checkout is anything but perfection I’ll let you know.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 January 2008

My husband and I just returned from a five night stay at this hotel.

We stayed in a deluxe king room which was spacious with a large wardrobe area and a divine bathroom.
The bathroom was probably what I liked best about the room, it has great features like under floor heating and a TV built into the mirror, the over sized tub was also lovely.
The room decor was gorgeous (much like the rest of the hotel), very sleek and modern, and also incredibly clean.
The room has a large flat screen TV, DVD player and free high speed Internet, which were all a nice touch to the room.

Each room has a complimentary minibar, however there is only water, tea/coffee and three different types of soda.
It was nice to have some free beverages but there were no snacks or alcoholic beverages, if you wanted these you had to call room service to have them delivered to your room, the selection was small and very overpriced, and with some of the alcoholic beverages you had to purchase a full sized bottle.
I would have preferred to have a regular well stocked mini bar than the few complimentary beverages in the hotel's current minibar.

The room service menu (with the exception of the late night menu) comes from the hotel's restaurant 'One'.
The menu was varied and the food at One is good, however it's expensive, which isn't helped by the hotel charging guests a CAD$5 delivery fee for room service (on top of the 17% gratuity they add).

Our hotel room faced on to the lane behind the hotel, which firstly wasn't pretty to look at but also was very noisy each morning, so anyone considering this hotel should make sure they're not overlooking this alley.

The apartments on top of the hotel are not complete yet so there was also construction noise, so this is another thing anyone considering staying at the hotel in the near future might want to consider.

On a more positive note the hotel staff are amazingly friendly and helpful, I honestly couldn't praise them enough.

Overall the hotel was comfortable and in a great location. I would stay at this hotel again, but I'd definitely be making sure I had a room facing Yorkville Ave or Hazelton Lane!!

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Chicagohoneymooners
Reviewed 22 December 2007

My husband and i just stayed at the hazelton for a weekend getaway. It was fabulous from start to finish. The decor was amazing ( as a interior decorator i am very critical and i absolutely loved it), the food at the restaurant and room service super yummy, and the service helpful and friendly. A perfectly modern but cozy hotel. I could not possibly think of one thing to complain about except the loud group arriving back to their rooms at 4:00 am!!!

also note- the mini bar that is stocked is complimentay- you can request a fully stocked mini bar brought up to the room anytime.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tarajane
Reviewed 20 October 2007

I approaced my stay with some trepidation based on comments of other travelers. I was pleasently surprised! The rooms are large, well furnished and very clean. The bathrooms have heated floors, rain showers and a tv incorporated in the mirror. I would recommend this hotel without reservation.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled on business