The Hazelton Hotel
US$253
US$276
US$244
  • Restaurant
All reviewsscreening roommark mcewanpillow menulobster spoonsheated floorsdressing areaboutique hotelfour seasonsroom servicethe general manageran amazing hotelnespresso machineyorkville areapleasure of stayingbathroom mirrorrooms are spacioussteam room
Reviewed 19 September 2013

After having stayed at the nearby Park Hyatt several times (also a very good hotel), I decided to try the Hazelton Hotel over a weekend trip into Toronto, and can report back that it is one of the best run hotels I have ever experienced (and I have had the privilege of staying at some of the finest luxury hotels across the world). From the moment of arrival, to the time of departure, and to the most minute and seemingly inconsequential detail, the hotel sweats the small things and the staff simply cannot do enough to ensure you are having an exceptional stay in every possible manner. In my opinion, this is a hotel by which all others should be judged. If you can afford the rates, you cannot afford NOT to stay at the Hazelton. Top Shelf in Toronto!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Yurika_H_Res_Mngr, Manager at The Hazelton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Dear topshelfplease,

Thank you for the wonderful comments about your stay with us. Your feedback is welcome and inspiring for our staff to continue to strive toward service excellence.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Hazelton Hotel.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

I stayed at the hotel over labour day weekend. I came with my wife to visit my friend and stay the night. My plan was to check in for my wife and then head out for some drinks with my friend. After checking in around 21:00, we hung out in the room with a bottle of wine. I had booked a balcony room because I like fresh air in the morning. At about 22:00, my friend and I decided to head downstairs to the bar. Before I left I always make sure the room is secure. For the next 20 minutes my friend and I attempted to lock the balcony door. We found that we could lock the door from the inside but if you push from the outside, the doors would just open with little force. Apparently, the pin at the bottom of the stationary door was not dropping low enough to secure the door. We then proceeded to call the desk to ask for assistance. The person they sent was very professional and friendly but even after another 20 minutes, was unable to lock the door. Getting impatient and unwilling to leave my wife in a room where the balcony is attached to ten other balconies and doesn't lock, I asked for a room on the same floor without a balcony. If I remember correctly, my room was 214. They then moved me to 212 which surprise surprise, had another balcony. To be honest I was a little excited because I was going to have the opportunity to see if this problem with balcony doors was an isolated incident or a problem throughout the hotel. Again, this balcony door had the same problem. After trying over and over, I decided that I just want a room without a balcony anywhere because my wife was beyond tired and it was already 23:30. We were given room 312. This room had the same doors but no balcony. Confident that it was doubtful someone would Spider-Man their way down the wall and break in, we settled on the room.
Now, after waking up the next morning and still believing their is major security issue with this hotel, I called down to speak to the MOD (manager on duty) and report the problem. He politely assured me he would look into it and get back to me before I checked out. He never did.

The following Tuesday I made a call to the general manager and left a message. She called me back that afternoon. I then told her everything that happened. She was polite and professional and thanked me for my feedback and assured me that she would look into the issue.

I think my biggest issue is that she never called me back. I really like the hotel. Its perfect in every way but how am I suppose to feel comfortable staying their again after what happened? It would have been nice for the general manager or anyone to call me and say, Hey we made a mistake, the doors do lock but my staff aren't trained to lock our own doors. Or yes their is real security issue at this hotel and we are rectifying it.
So here i am, still unsure if the hazeltons balcony doors actually do lock from the outside. With all the celebrities I hear staying here, it's a wonder how they are not at all making an effort to assure me that this issue has been resolved. Maybe it's because I'm not a celebrity. :P

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank GodofGamblers

Dear GodofGamblers,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us.

Firstly, please accept our sincere apology for the delay in responding to you.

We have investigated our locks and they are working, however, we do realize that it is tricky to secure the lock. We are in the midst of retraining our staff to ensure we all have full knowledge in terms of how to lock properly.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I did not get the chance to visit the Hazelton because they were not able to help change my reservation dates. We paid for the room in full for 3 nights and the only response I received from the General manager was no we cant help you... They took $2,900 and were not able to accommodate with any changes. I even offered to pay any difference there might be but the answer was still NO...This has never happened to me were the manager in charge will not accommodate.. What a shame we would have recommended the hotel to all our friends who travel through Toronto.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank sheena344
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Great hotel, great staff, great service. My wife went to the Spa & loved it. Any requests made were very very quickly taken care of. Not the cheapest hotel but given the location and what you get for it, it's not totally out there. Rooms are large and impressive.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Yurika_H_Res_Mngr, Manager at The Hazelton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Dear Lee_C_B_TO,

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Hazelton Hotel.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

It is a great hotel - but service at reception is poor. Restaurant and concierge services were excellent. The rooms were well appointed though they could do with more attention to detail for eg. the TV remote was not working properly.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank 615Sudbury
Yurika_H_Res_Mngr, Manager at The Hazelton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Dear 615Joseph,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. Please accept our apologies as it seems that you were dissatisfied with the service. Please be assured that your comments have been taken very seriously and it will be followed up accordingly.

Guest feedbacks are used as an important tool in our efforts to strive for continued improvement. Again, I do apologize and thank you for taking the time to address your concerns

Kind regards,