“No better than the last time, had to leave”
Review of The Hazelton Hotel

The Hazelton Hotel
Ranked #1 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Kelowna, Canada
“No better than the last time, had to leave”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stayed here a few years ago and detailed what went wrong, and why I had to depart early. The assistant manager then, "Olivia?" said to please contact her next time I had to stay in Toronto. The other hotels in town were booked up for my stay, so I had to return to the Hazelton. I think 3 or four years had passed between stays.

It's the same as it ever was. The AC was broken, so the first night I slept with the patio doors open. The next morning - on my way to town, I called and asked for it to be fixed. I was asked for permission to enter the room, which I gave. At about 10pm, I came back to the room to find it at 25 degrees, so I opened the patio doors and asked for engineering. The guest representative said that nobody had entered the room to fix it because I had left the DND light on. (That was covered over the phone). The room hadn't been serviced for the same reason - which was fine as I went down to the dining room while they addressed the AC.

I came back after the meal to find the room still very warm. Apparently the floor heater was stuck on. At around midnight, the MOD came up, noted the room, pointed out the floor heat and moved me to another room. I had to be up early the next morning and planned on sleeping at around 1030 rather than 1230. Anyway, I left the hotel and "again" I swear I won't come back.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Gary F
Yurika_H_Res_Mngr, Manager at The Hazelton Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear garyfong,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. Please accept our apologies as it seems that you were dissatisfied with the service once again. Please be assured that your comments have been taken very seriously and it will be followed up accordingly.

Again, I do apologize and thank you for taking the time to address your concerns.

Yurika Hinkle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Greek first
  • Serbian first
Reviewed 29 May 2014

From the award winning restaurant ONE, to the supreme service provided by friendly staff and beautifully appointed rooms, The Hazelton is truly Toronto's best local to relax and enjoy all the city has to offer... From the heart of Yorkville. Can't recommend enough!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank fathomit
Yurika_H_Res_Mngr, Manager at The Hazelton Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear fathomit,

Thank you for the wonderful comments about your stay with us. Your feedback is welcome and inspiring for our staff to continue to strive toward service excellence.

Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 14 May 2014

One of the finest hotels I have ever stayed at. Was in town to see The Lion King and to visit for a Friends Bday. Located in the Yorkville area there are many bars and great restaurants to enjoy. It is an expensive hotel but if you want to treat yourself it is the place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank arnold s
Yurika_H_Res_Mngr, Manager at The Hazelton Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear arnold s,

Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I needed to get away from my high stress job and busy family , unplug, go off the grid and I stayed here mid week and it was by far THE best hotel I've ever stayed in. It has all the amenities as a large hotel, but the staff of this amazing hotel nestled in yorkville was second to none and I have stayed at Trump, Four Seasons and Ritz Carleton....the room was unbelievable.

I am begging my husband to send me back there for another break it was outstanding

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Penny M
Yurika_H_Res_Mngr, Manager at The Hazelton Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Ms. Penny M,

London
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here multiple times in the last month and have nothing but good to say! The service is excellent, from the front desk to the valet. The restaurant is wonderful as is the room service. Speaking of the rooms, they are all a bit different and very beautiful. The bathrooms are gorgeous with heated floors. Even the hallways are stylish. This is the only hotel I will stay at in Toronto. Love the neighbourhood as well :).

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear talula77London

Whitby, Canada
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

The service today was excellent. Our waiter was very attentive and looked after all requests with a smile.
Scones served with Devonshire cream and homemade jams were fresh and delightful. Sandwiches are just okay here as Tea is sort of our thing savoring other High Tea establishments who provide a better selection. Desserts could use a little more imagination but are good. Overall the presentation, location, service and atmosphere for High Tea is superb. Valet parking is a plus given the busy downtown location.
We were celebrating a birthday with the celebrant provided by the hotel a small tart with a candle lit in it delightfully presented on a plate with Happy Birthday written in chocolate on the plate. We had a lovely afternoon tea.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank PamKullo
Calgary
Reviewed 9 February 2014

The service was excellent from the minute we walked through the door. The rooms are nicely laid out with a good working area if you are there o business. The bathroom is very nice with a good sized bathtub which was a real treat after travelling for two days.

The Hazelton is in an area with lots of shopping and restaurants but even if you decide to stay in, the room service is very good. They seemed to go out of their way to make your stay a very positive experience. I would definitely come back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Yurika_H_Res_Mngr, Manager at The Hazelton Hotel, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear JECan