“It's gone up since many years ago!”

Bayview Village Shopping Centre
Ranked #138 of 526 things to do in Toronto
Reviewed 27 March 2014

10 years ago this mall was pretty unremarkable. It was average. Now after visiting, it's turned pretty huge. They have some nice boutiques and cafes, a high-end grocery store (with valet parking) and (thank god) chapters is still there! Love this mall now, much nicer than it used to be. Can't wait for my next trip to Toronto!

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Concierge are Dog haters -Bayview Village Shopping Centre, Toronto, Canada- harass dogs and owners

"THAT IS SUCH A MEAN DOG!" said a fat big employee guy pointing his fingers to my toy breed Pedigree dog.

YOU PUT THAT DOG ON THE FLOOR = THIS IS AN ORDER...That't customer service.

Bayview Village Shopping Center = dog haters and BULLIES
Sitting on Sofa typing emails + toy breed dog on marble surface sofa = TRESPASS?!

I got harassed by 2 employees working at the Bayview Village Shopping Center, with my Pedigree dog on March 22, 2014, at 5:15pm.

It was a weekend so I dressed very casually with my jeans and a pair of running shoes, and fleece. I was with my toy breed dog. I did some shopping at a really pet friendly store and put stuff in the vehicle. (Yes, I dressed like I didn’t have money to spend at this mall, and therefore got harassed and deserved to be intimated by the mall staffs.)

I was quietly sitting on a sofa, nearby the concierge. I was typing an email on my phone sitting on the sofa, with my toy breed dog sitting on a flat store surface next to the sofa. (So the dog was technically not on the sofa.)

A fat guy came by, and with a tone that ORDERED me “You, put the dog on the floor.” I found that exceptionally rude. I was very busy typing an email and hoping to finish it. My dog is the most intelligent dog in the world, so he responded to his rudeness and growled at him. Anyone who love dogs and are dog owners would know dogs are mirrors: If you were rude and mean to them, they will do the same to you.

The fat guy then said “WHAT A MEAN DOG.” I was trying to be sarcastic and told that fat guy. “Yeah, he is really mean.” I guess that stupid rude fat guy didn’t understand that, I was in fact referring to him that he was EXCEPTIONALLY mean and rude.

Afterall, I am a customer (who spend my money at the mall, that pays for your salary.) I don't WORK at the mall, and therefore DO NOT FOLLOW ORDERS from any employees. I go to the mall to pay money for services. No employees of the mall should be allowed to yell and order a customer of a mall, if all he/she did was just sitting on a sofa, with a toy breed dog. If they like to yell and order people, they need to work somewhere else.

Then, within 30 seconds, a second guy came, dressed in a dark blue color uniform, looks like Douglas of the BV Concierge. He raised his voice and again ORDERED me “You, put the dog on the floor.” I was still trying to finish typing my email, so I was looking at my cell phone. The guy said “I am going to say that you trespass this building. Then he POINTED HIS FINGER at me. “You, YOU STAY THERE, TRESPASSER, DON’T GO.”

This is totally unacceptable, for a mall self-proclaimed to be dog friendly, have aggressive staff members hanging around the mall, have nothing to do, and go out and harass some female guests shopping at the mall with their toy breed dogs. I think Bayview Village has hired an overabundance of staffs that are bullies got paid their salaries for harassing the customers that pay money shopping at the mall.

Bayview Village Shopping Centre, I think if you want to complete with Shops at Don Mills, for money? Take my piece of advice, hire some better educated GENTLEMEN/LADIES that know what is called customer service. DO NOT HIRE SOME BULLIES TO HARRASS CUSTOMERS WHO LOOK VULENABLE WITH THEIR REALLY CUTE PEDIGREE TOY BREED DOGS, THAT SPEND MONEY.

And, you don’t need to pay so many bullies working in the mall too. They have nothing important to do, such as providing customer service, or welcoming customers/guests/satisfying their needs. All they do is walking around, chatting with each other standing at the concierge, looking for some 100 lbs woman sitting alone on a sofa, when nobody is around as witnesses, to harass.

By the way my dogs parents and grand parents were both show dog champions. He was even interviewed by the Pet Network TV.

"What a mean dog." you must be looking at the reflection of yourself in the mirror when you said so!

5  Thank SexysuzyWong
Reviewed 6 March 2013

This is a really nice mall, has a few good spots to eat and lots of really nice stores. They are quite pricey but you get what you pay for.

3  Thank Alan G
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Something for everyone! Lots of resturants, good parking. Tons of stores with great selection. Never too busy so it's great with kids to walk around

3  Thank LizzieLizzieLizzie
Reviewed 28 November 2012

I find it a bit small and some of the places are like closed down and the good thing about what I like over there is that I get to buy those little cake pops there that they make in front of you!