“Gourmet with a Mexican flair”
Review of Los Colibris

Los Colibris
Reserve with OpenTable
Los Colibris is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #90 of 9,237 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$4 - US$11
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown West
Description: Authentic, hand-pressed tortillas with regionally-inspired fillings and a variety of fresh, daily salsas.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had never been to this restaurant before and picked it largely because it's right in the heart of the King West theatre district. We do not regularly eat Mexican themed food but our experience at Los Colibris means we will be. As an example my appetizer basically was pork belly with corn bread but It was marvelous. The corn bread was warm and delicate with a soft hint of jalapeno and the pork belly pieces were incredibly delicious and tender. Of course I haven't explained this the way the menu does and I've missed some additional things about the sauce and the garnish on this dish. I have not been a real "foodie" in the past but this could be my tipping point dinning experience. The design of the restaurant provided a modern, conservatively elegant decor that is quiet and very comfortable. Our server, originally from France, was charming, helpful and prompt. The wine list features an extensive list of Spanish whites and reds. Normally I find these wines a bit harsh but the red and the white we tried were delicious and smooth. We had 2 shared appetizers, 2 entrees, a shared desert and 4 glasses of wine. $180 before service. (Wine was about $15 / glass)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Overjoyed to find this hidden jewell in the midst of, what I consider, to be the "mediocre pre theatre district". Hostess and servers right on point and didn't skip a beat due to our error in booking. Just fantastic. Will go back again and hope to also check out the sister tequila bar "el cabillito" downstairs with food truck street tacos and huge bowls of guacamole out back.
We love Mexican and would consider this on par with Rick bayless' Frontera Grill in Chicago. Wow! Who knew? ;). PS if you're not sure you like "Mexican" and you're going to the theatre, Los Colibris is for you.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went here before heading to the ballet. The food is amazing and the service is the best. The chef even came out of the kitchen and checked if we were enjoying our meal! The food is Mexican inspired and very innovative.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We loved our meals at Los Colibris. We began with the Guacamole served with corn and taro chips; it was delicious! I had the daily vegan special which was stuffed zucchini served in a delicious mole sauce which was very flavorful and had just the right amount of heat. My husband had the vegetarian Sopa Seca which he loved as well. We intend to go back since there were more vegetarian options and a daily vegan special!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We first had dinner at Los Colobris on a recommendation from a friend. They said it was Mexican food but with a quality they rarely come across. I wouldn’t consider myself food connoisseur at all but our meal was excellent and has been every time we’ve been there since. I won’t try and describe the food but they’ve been consistently good. If you want a more casual spot, worth checking out their place El Caballito downstairs which has a great patio with outdoor bar and taco stands. A great place for drinks before or after a show in the summer