“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cozy Suites Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Cozy Suites Inn
Ranked #23 of 115 Toronto B&B and Inns
Michigan
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 6 October 2007

My friend Didi and I stayed at the Cozy Suites from 7 September until the 11th. We come to Toronto every year for the film festival and look for interesting places to stay, trying to avoid chain hotels and hoping to find unique areas of the city. Well, leave it to us to try and find accommodation at the last minute! We were fortunate enough to find room at the Cozy Suites.

Deborah, our innkeeper, was fabulous! She was so friendly and helpful - a pleasure to talk to. We were going to arrive later than expected, so we called to see if that would be a problem. Deb was very accommodating and said that was no problem. She made a little sign with our name on it so we could find our room!

Our room was very comfortable, complete with bed, fold out couch, gas fireplace, microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker and coffee, full bathroom....and our frig was stocked with bagels and orange juice, granola and banana bread! We even had a lovely bowl of fruit. In the morning we would take a coffee out to the cute little courtyard. So relaxing:)

Public transportation is literally right outside the front door. Travel time from bus to subway is probably around 40 minutes or so. We decided to drive and found the route to our downtown destinations very easy to follow. We even found some interesting things along the way.

If you stay in the Beaches area, forgoing downtown and all the hustle and bustle, you will find plenty to see and do.

We will definitely stay here again and I highly recommend Cozy Suites!!

Kelly & Didi

• Liked — everything
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with friends
3 Thank library24lady

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
london
Reviewed 30 September 2007

Deb was great and really respected the privacy I wanted for the stay as I was desperate for a time out. Deb's Mom's banana bread was a wonderful touch and the kitchenette unit really made this a home from
home. The location is a brisk 20min walk away from the beach, but public transport is a plenty. I was particularly concerned about safety, but this is a lovely area and walking around till about 830pm
felt incredibly safe. The northward stretch to Victoria Park Station is a bit too dark for me after 10pm- had a small case of nerves one night. The Beaches is a wonderful mix of London's Chelsea by the water and the weather was oh so good. My suite was perfectly maintained, clean, firm bed, own separate entrance and lovely little garden to look out on to. Can't sing enough praises - loved it. Thanks Deb if you ever read this!! I never do reviews and you are getting one!

• Liked — Separate entrance - felt like my own place
  • Disliked — Running out of banana bread - it was too nice
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled solo
3 Thank popcorn73
Whitby
Reviewed 26 September 2007

My Wife and I had the pleasure of staying in Cozy Suites for a weekend in July.
The Inn is located in the Beaches area of Toronto, a 10 minute walk through quite residential streets brings the traveller to a world famous Boardwalk and historic Queen St.
Here you will find entertainment, superb dining and beautiful sunsets on the Boardwalk.
An annual Jazz festival attracts over a million visitors to the Beaches to soak up the rich sounds and friendly atmosphere.
The Inn itself is tastefuly decorated and spotlessly clean.
The front garden welcomes the visitor with splashes of colourful plants and before entering our London Bridge suite we were greeted by Deborah, the owner.
Deborah had just prepared a bowl of fresh fruit for us, a very classy touch.
The suite has a full kitchen, marble countertops. A splendid sitting area with a gas fireplace is a great place to read and relax.
A full bathroom, with an excellent shower refreshes the visitor and a Queen size bed with comfortable mattress and fresh bedding makes for a peaceful sleep after a day of sightseeing.
We made our breakfast in the mornings and took our meals outside in a beautiful, private courtyard.
Value is extremely high, the service impeccable, the location convenient to the Beaches and downtown Toronto.
My Wife and I enjoyed an extremely pleasant and memorable stay at Cozy Suites and will definently return in the future

Stayed July 2007
4 Thank WhitbyScotty
Montréal, Québec
Reviewed 23 September 2007

Helpfull hostess. Very clean room, comfortable, cute garden, well located in an agreeable neighbourhood. Easy access to downtown and very conveniently located for a refreshing swim in the lake.

Claudette Bélisle

• Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Coupal
Leicestershire
Reviewed 3 August 2007

I stayed with my daughter at Cozy Suites Inn from 17 July until 26 July 2007. The accommodation was clean, welcoming and fully equiped with everything you could possibly need for a most enjoyable vacation. The cooking facilities - big oven and microwave - meant that after a long day sightseeing we could get a nice meal and watch a DVD (good choices) before going to bed. We also had a telephone in our room which allowed us to speak everyday to my husband back in the UK.
The fruit, cereals, milk, water, orange juice, tea, coffee,and crumpets were also appreciated on arrival. After our long drawn-out journey, having to go out shopping would have been a real pain. Having said that, Cozy Suites is very conveniently placed. There is a bus stop just out front which takes you to either the Beeches shopping and eating area in five minutes, or to the underground station in two minutes for a half-hour ride to Downtown Toronto. Ideal for us as we could only use public transport, and my legs prefer riding to walking.
The Beeches area itself is a very nice, more exclusive, area with lots of good eating-places, parks and a beach with boardwalk to relax and stroll around in comfort and safety.
I would like to say how welcoming, helpful and informative Deborah the Innkeeper was. She should be very proud of Cozy Suites Inn. I would certainly stay there again and wouldn't hesitate in recommending it to others.
Debs also sorted out a very competitively priced ride back to the airport in a luxury car. Its the attention to detail that makes a holiday special, and Cozy Suites is certainly that.

• Liked — Facilities and location
  • Disliked — Nothing not to like
  • Stayed July 2007
2 Thank Marian4
toronto
Reviewed 21 July 2007

My husband and I stayed at the "cozy suites" for a second honeymoon this July and had a lovely time. The suites were tastefully decorated and the "innkeeper - Deborah" was very helpful. I have family coming to Toronto in the fall and have already booked their stay at the cozy suites inn. I will reccomend it to all other family and friends who are coming to visit. Excellent value.

• Liked — gorgeous suites
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank staceydavis09
Miami
Reviewed 30 June 2007

Stay away, very rude service no a/c - June 29, 2007
by Miamilis a 35 year old woman with a moderate budget, traveling for leisure In the process of asking questions on booking my vacation with the rep, Deb ,who I communcated with told me "I am tired of answering your questions, you should just go to a hotel." I asked 4 questions about location, accomodations, a/c and parking. How this lady could work in Hospitality, I don't know. She drove me away. When you vacation you want to feel good especially at a bed and breakfast suite. The caretakers are why you come back. The woman in charge was rude and lazy. Which means it will not be a warm experience, even though the picture is worth 1000 words, I now have 1000 more words to add now.

I am not likely to return to the Cozy Suites.

I would not recommend it to friends.

• Liked — location and price
  • Disliked — rudeness(hospitality) of Manager and caretaker,
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
36 Thank lgstyle
RedToronto, Owner at Cozy Suites Inn, responded to this review, 21 July 2007
This is not true, you did not even stay here and you are saying that you will not return. We do, in fact have air contitioning in most of our luxury suites but you would not know this because you did not, if fact, stay here as you said you did. I have had hundreds upon hundred of guests stay with me and I have never had one complaint until you. You asked me the same questions 10 to 15 times. I will be sure to ask all of my happy guest to review my lovely little Inn here,