“The reviews were pretty accurate”

Super 8 Downtown Toronto
Ranked #58 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 13 August 2014

First let me say I travel a lot, I like good service, clean hotels and value for my money.... doesn't have to be the Trump hotel... This hotel was a pleasant surprise... There were a few things I would say were not accurate, from the 100's of reviews I read, but it was pretty good.
I started to panic about 2 weeks before my arrival as I saw pictures that were not very exciting but I went with my original gut and it turned out to be fine!

I booked this for a girls weekend to attend a concert and the location was fabulous!! I should say I booked so early that I had a smoking good deal.. 129.00 per night and it included parking, so for that price it was perfect.. had I paid 199.00 which I heard many did, I don't think it was worth that..

Location- close to everything.. walk to Queen street for shopping, trolley is right out front, safe location, walk to the CN tower, walk to Rodgers center and downtown, shopping in Kensington sq and everything in between.
Underground Parking
Good Free WIFI in room #8357
The breakfast was average but certainly good location in the lobby and free
The rooms were good, not like a 200.00 a night hotel but clean. They were tired, there was chips in the sink and floor, but they were clean!!
In the reviews I read how friendly the staff, but I didn't find they went over and above, I didn't find they were that friendly.. Nothing that I would say I would write about..
There were plenty of towels,
Good A/C
We stayed right beside the lobby and it was a perfect location. Only 3-4 rooms there and they were close to everything, both elevators to parking and the streets below.

I think the reviews were pretty much dead on for what they said. I would stay here again but if I got the price I got this trip..
As one review stated, its a hidden gem..

Only disappointment, no pool.. with kids that would be a welcome addition..

Room Tip: The area on the main level, which really is 3 floors above the ground level, was great.. easy access...
1  Thank ExitGirl

Reviewed 13 August 2014

My friend and I stayed at the Super 8 Downtown when we came to take in a Blue Jays series from August 5-8. We chose it as the price was right compared to more upscale downtown hotels. It was about a 25 minute walk or so to the Rogers Centre and it seemed that we hit all the walk lights going down Spadina no matter which direction we went.

We were upgraded to a slightly larger room that what we booked at no charge. The front desk was extremely helpful and friendly. We arrived at noon and there was a room ready for us. There was no problem having them arrange a cab for us to go to the airport the morning of check-out. The area is safe. We had no issues walking back to the hotel after the games. The room could use a bit of a renovation job but other than that it was clean and comfortable. We did not sample the breakfast (continental is included) as we never seemed to be up in time after the late night before.

1  Thank imsell
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Made reservations weeks ago, just checked in and was told that the water would be cut off between 10:30 pm and 5:30 am. When I asked if they provide bottled water for the evening I was told I can walk 3-4 blocks to the drugstore or use the vending machines...of course they did not tell us about this earlier!!! And this place is about $200/night! Worst customer service ever!!! Will not return.

5  Thank f b
Reviewed 7 August 2014

A great, affordable place to stay. Blocks from amenities. I would have liked another towel in my room, and better pillows.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tanya C
Reviewed 6 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lynn G
Reviewed 6 August 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Great for inexpensive stay with parking included. Was about 15 minute walk to Roger Center, CN Tower, Aquarium. Room clean, staff super friendly and helpful. Breakfast was perfect start to the day. Worth staying for one night but spend the extra money for the upgrades if you prefer closer location, cleaner streets if staying for a longer period of time.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family