“Great Place 5 Star and Moxies”

Sandman Signature Toronto Airport Hotel
Ranked #42 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Kitchener, Canada
“Great Place 5 Star and Moxies”
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Top Notch Hotel. Stayed back in February the night before our trip to Cuba. Great rates and a great room. No worries on Leaving your car for the week.

Moxies fantastic Burgers

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
England
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Stayed for one night.
Room was lovely. Big, comfortable beds. Quiet considering it's proximity to the airport.

On arrival at Toronto airport, had to speak to the woman at the information desk who told me that the phones used to directly call for airport shuttles were removed! She let us use the phone at the information desk to call the hotel, who said the shuttle would be right over and to wait outside. Unfortunately it was a cold half an hour before the shuttle turned up and it was the oldest, saddest looking shuttle we saw in the half an hour of waiting. We were thinking we had made the wrong choice when the radio fell out of the dashboard half way to the hotel. Luckly the hotel is much nicer.

Early morning wake up call and the shuttle to the airport went smoothly. Worth it if you just want somewhere peaceful to sleep. Free wifi is always nice.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kat858P
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 10 April 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Sandman Signature, for the first time, prior to our departure on our vacation. We were impressed with this hotel. The room was very clean, as was the entire hotel. The restaraunt inside was excellent and so was the service. The food and the atmosphere were first rate. We have stayed at other airport hotels, in the past, but we will be staying at the Sandman for the foreseeable future, prior to our flights out. The complimentary shuttle and parking was also top notch. The hotel is in close proximity to Pearson for an added bonus. Check it out.

Room Tip: to us a room is a room, but if they are all like the one we stayed in, you can't go wrong here.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Killarney
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I booked this hotel as a stop over while traveling to Costa Rica. I got an excellent rate off of expedia at $99 for a junior suite. Check in was smooth and welcoming. The room was ready an hour early and was just an excellent room. The Junior suite was two rooms (one bedroom, one office/lounge area) in the corner of the hotel on the eighth (I think) floor. The bedroom had two large windows on each side giving you a bit of a panoramic view of Toronto.

For the price I have stayed at alot of worse places then this!!

Dont hesitate to book a room here it is clean, well staffed, excellent rooms and great views.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Have stayed here several times now....we are always very happy with the professionalism of the staff, the overall design, as well as upkeep of the property, and the shuttle and parking services. This is such a 'swish' place, we really love coming here! If I had to make 1 suggestion, it would be to add a soft pillow option...the standard ones are just tooo firm, and high! I now know to steal one of the couch/chair throw pillows and put it in a pillowcase for myself!

Room Tip: LOVED the Signature Corporate King with living and kitchen areas...but all rooms are good! Try to a...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Sudbury
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We chose this hotel because it has bunk beds and we were not disappointed! Our girls very much enjoyed having a separate space with their own TV and two comfy bean bag chairs just for them. We liked having a little "kitchenette" in the room. We brought some food items with us so there was no need to go looking for breakfast early in the morning. The beds were also quite comfy. The pool was also enjoyed by all of us. It is on the small side, but just right for keeping an eye on two very active children who love the water! The shower in our room was great with an excellent shower head that had wonderful water pressure :) Having the wifi connection free was nice, although it was slow at times, but glad to not have to pay extra for it like some places. Parking was an extra charge but really did not mind because we could park very close to the doors. We were there on a week-end and could easily find a parking spot and didn't find it overly busy. We will for sure be back next year!

Room Tip: My girls were disappointed they couldn't see the airport from our room so if that is something...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I have to agree with the last reviewer. Although the decor is quite attractive and contemporary, I did not experience this as a clean and well maintained hotel. There was a coffee stain on the floor by the fridge, a hole in my duvet cover, tears in the carpet, and staining all over the hallway carpet. I wiped the table in the bunk bed area of our room (where luggage would normally be placed) and the cloth came up black with dirt. Clearly its been a long time since anyway cleaned that surface. You have to wonder what else in the room was that dirty. The elevators had a strong stench of smoke. The first "non-smoking" room we were given had such a strong smell of smoke, we had to switch rooms. Non-smoking rooms do not really exist at this hotel. The front desk will tell you only the third floor has smoking rooms. But, in fact, the rooms that are considered "non-smoking" do not have any signage anywear to indicate that guest should not smoke in them. Not on the door, not in the hallway, and not on the furniture. When I mentioned this to the front desk, I was told its written in fine print on the card I signed at check in. With my over-40 eyes, I did not notice this and certainly it was not mentioned to me. I'm sure those who do smoke will not notice it either. It was the only hotel in the Airport area that had a 24 hour cancellation policy -- rather than the 6pm day of arrival policy of its competitors. This restrictive cancellation policy prevents the possibility of easily changing hotels once guests arrive. I'm sure there are much better places to stay in the area. Customer service was not great -- when I mentioned my concerns upon checkout -- the front desk person just said she'll let housekeeping know. No offer of any compensation, or follow-up with the manager. I only chose this hotel because staying in a hotel was a treat for my daughter's eight birthday and I thought she would love the idea of bunkbeds -- which she did. Also, the tripadvisor reviews were generally good. The first time I have ever stayed at hotel with a 4.5 rating on tripadvisor that did not live up to its rating.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor -- 3rd floor is smoking floor. Bring lysol wipes!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport
Residence Inn Toronto Airport
Westin Toronto Airport
#72 of 136 in Toronto

Been to Sandman Signature Toronto Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!