“Great place to spend the night around the airport”

Sandman Signature Toronto Airport Hotel
Ranked #44 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Nice hotel at a reasonable price near the airport. Not walk-able to other restaurants though, but the restaurant located within the hotel is great so you should not have to leave to eat.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 15 June 2012

My husband and I spent two nights at Sandman before flying on to Edmonton. We took a taxi into Toronto itself and spent a day sightseeing. Breakfasts were adequate and the one evening meal we had at Moxie's was ok. Room was adequate for our stay. Shuttle on time to take us to airport. Staff friendly. Can recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2012

We selected this hotel for our first visit to Canada. What an excellent base from which to explore the Toronto area. The suites have a separate living area and bedroom. The kitchenette had all you need if you wish to self cater. Easy access to 400, 401 & 427 Highways, so getting around is so easy. Massive car park at C$ 12 per night. Found one of our suites did not have a room safe. So, when I contacted Guest Services they sent up Maintenance to install one, what excellent service. We felt at home from home for our seven night stay. Would have no hesitation in staying again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2012

We stayed at Sandman as our flight to Newfoundland was fogged out. He was amazingly helpful when Air Canada were not. Air Canada has to be the worst airline to travel with. Hands down. Ignorant, uncaring and cold. Neil at Sandman hotel made us forget about Air Canada altogether and even though we were paying out of our own pockets when Westjet and Porter were providing accommodations and meals to their passengers, Neil made us feel so welcome we forgot that we were paying through the teeth because of Air Canada's greed.
We will definitely stay at Sandman at YYT again on our own accord and thank you Neil for making us feel so at home in a troubling time. The only thing I would change about the hotel is the restaurant in it called Moxies. The servers looked like hookers with black , skin tight swimsuits on and the food was desperate and cold. Even at 7 am for breakfast..the food was bitterly cold...the dance music was blaring and tired looking 21 year old female servers were scantily clad and looked very worn out. Great hotel...horrible restaurant.

Room Tip: We had room 1120. it was quiet and perfect. The bed and pillows were perfect.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank walter h
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Spent 2 nights for meetings on MAy 28-29 2012.
A few minutes from the airport, this hotel is well apointed. Decoration is contemporary and of good taste. I fist checkedin room 708 , but when I returned after supper guests in the next room were screaming (young guys). So I called downstairs and they offered to move me which I accepted...they put me in a suite on the penthouse floor. Just what I needed: a jaccuzi in my roo so massage my poor little feet!

Moxies is their restaurant which also prepares cattering for banquests. Overall food is ok...again sandwiches for lunch. I appreciated the fruits. I would suggest however they cut down on the fat in the sandwiches and also in their meals at the resurant (goog pasta but way too much oil)

meeting room is comfortable, very dark so at times my eyes were closing....but not for long

I appreciated the free internet/wifi. (the Westin Bayshore in Vancouver should learn from them)

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2012

The service was friendly, the room spacious and comfortable, but the carpet is in need of a serious cleaning. We spilled some water on it, dried out just by putting a towel on top of it and that towel ended completely black of dust/dirt, and that spot was left looking cleaner that the rest of the carpet. I didn't feel comfortable allowing my 3-year old daughter crawl on the carpet or walk barefoot, her socks ended up completely dirty each day. When we paid our bill we mentioned this to the lady at the front desk and she brushed our comment off. I wouldn't stay again if the room were going to be the same.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2012

We stayed at this hotel for two nights to recover from the long flight from Australia. The room was better than we expected with separate lounge and kitchen area and very comfy bed. The front desk staff were always very friendly and helpful even at 1am in the morning when we arrived. The shuttle to and from the airport was also quick and efficient. However, the breakfast which was included in our rate was dried out scrambled eggs and bacon, tolerable one morning but a real struggle on the second and we (my husband and I ) also struggled with the need/requirement of the skimpy/sexy outfits worn by the lovely and friendly young women who served at bar. I think the management needs to understand that this is not showing any respect for their staff and it is surely inappropriate in 2012.

Room Tip: Don't bother with breakfast. Bring your own
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport
Delta Toronto East
Delta Toronto East
#65 of 138 in Toronto
Best Western Plus Travel Hotel Toronto Airport

Been to Sandman Signature Toronto Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!