“Worst experience ever !!”

Sandman Signature Toronto Airport Hotel
Ranked #43 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Toronto, Canada
“Worst experience ever !!”
Reviewed 1 March 2013

First we wait at post 22 like we were told to for hotel shuttle - after 30 min the shuttle shows up and 40 plus people get on a bus that seats 25.. People standing and luggage stacked in front of both doors - when asking the driver when they would return it would be another 30 min and no guarantee that shuttle would be any safer . After a harrowing ride to the hotel - once we enter no one greets us .. There is one young woman working and 10 plus people in line .. When the wait for check in was so extremely slow - no manager to speak with on a Friday evening . Rude unprofessional staff besides the extremely unsafe shuttle transportation - book away from this hotel !! 2 hour wait from the time we got outside to the time we actually got our rooms and our ground stay was only 10 hours - ridiculous !!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Kari M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Port Dover, Canada
Reviewed 1 March 2013

I want to send out a hello to this great hotel that meets all of our needs . We have stayed many times , about 10 if I recall and this time we had three rooms. The rooms are always very clean with some nice views if you can be on the golf course side. The staff at the Front Desk as well as the staff cleaning rooms are always very friendly .
The onsite Moxies restauratn also serves great food and drinks. After all that we get a courteous drive to and from the airport.
Thank folks and see you again soon.

Room Tip: Face the golf course if possible.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Norwich
Reviewed 21 February 2013 via mobile

Great proximity to Toronto Pearson Airport, with a good shuttle service. Rooms were well appointed with a good standard of cleanliness, and comfortable beds, ensuring you leave refreshed. Staff were all very helpful and courteous. A good hotel if travelling through the airport or on business.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Sartyl
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 2 February 2013

Stayed there and very nice hotel, very convenient location near the airport with shuttle service, the reception staff is very friendly.
The lobby and common areas are very modern style and nice, the Moxies restaurant on site is very good and has a great vibe.
Rooms are clean and large, very comfortable sleep and the rooms are suite type with even a small kitchen and a fridge
Overall great option around the airport

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Waterloo
Reviewed 26 January 2013

Very decent hotel. Smells a little like smoke in the elevator and whiffs in the lobby but the smoke free room was fine. Comfortable beds, but not very much hot water in the shower. Couldn't run a full bath as the water went too cold.

Ended up here on a missed connection at Pearson, Air Canada put me up. Seeing as it seems to be the default hotel for the airline I would suggest having a small gift shop stocked with essentials, I was without luggage and would have loved to buy a clean t-shirts and a few other basics.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Lynden, Washington
Reviewed 25 January 2013

Stayed there around Xmas and loved this hotel. Best we've stayed at near YYZ. The rooms are suites - we had a seperate bedroom and great kitchen.
Rooms were clean - this hotel is only a few years old and the lobby and common areas are really nice.
Great staff - very friendly/
Moxies restaurant on site - very handy.
Only problem was the parking charge. It was around $12 a night and this hotel is not in a busy area - surounded by fields so I feel the parking fee is a money grab - no need to charge when most of the lot is empty.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on several business trips over the last couple of years and in the past never had any issues of significance. This trip however was different! I was placed in a smoking room as they were busy, that was understandable. I went in the room, and flushed the toilet....it was plugged so I called down to get someone to look at it and was informed they would be up ASAP. An hour and a half later he did arrive with a plunger in hand. He worked for 20 minutes with no luck and then left to get a snake... I ordered some food and it arrived while he was gone and sat at the table and the bulb above the table did not work....I looked at it and noticed it had previously been torn out of the ceiling and was tied up with garbage bag ties and the bottom half of,the bulb was broken off. I ate in the dim room the guy finally came back I told him about the light and off he went to get a bulb after 2 trips he had it working and went back to snaking the toilet.mafter another 20 minutes i finally had Anouilh of listening to the noise and told him imwouldmbemsitting downstairs in the pub and if there were problems I would be there if he needed. I returned to my roof about 2 hours later (11:30 pm). Went into the bathroom flushed the toilet...it was plugged. Called down to the desk and to advise them and they said sorry but the guy could not fix it and asked if I would like another room !! At this point if was quite upset and said of course I would as I would need to use the toilet at some point! They hung up to see ifmtheynhad another room for me. I guess 90 minutes was not enough time to check when I was out. I packed all my belongings and had a knock on my door 15 minutes later with a key to a room 2 doors down. I will say the guy who came was very quite but once did say sorry..nothing else. By 12:30 am I was set back up, clothes hung etc. went to watch some tv...it doesn't work!! Next morning I checked out and advised them of my disappointment and was surprised when all I received from the desk clerk was sorry but can you sign here please!
This place is slowly but surely dropping in hospitality and over all condition. My co worker was in the night before and had problems with his tv....after an hour of them trying to "fix it" they finally went and took another one from another room!!! I think I know which room the broken went in!!!

This place is no longer worth the $140'per night!!! Weston, Sheraton will have my business again

Room Tip: Go to the Sheraton or westin just up the road and closer to the airport?
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport
Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
Westin Toronto Airport
#59 of 137 in Toronto
Residence Inn Toronto Airport
TownePlace Suites Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre
Hampton Inn by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre

Been to Sandman Signature Toronto Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!