Sandman Signature Toronto Airport Hotel
US$310
Delta Hotels
US$362
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmoxie's restauranttoronto airportshuttle servicefree shuttlepark and flysmall kitchenseparate bedroomfull kitchenan overnight stayking suiteair canadatravel agentbeds were very comfortablestayed here for one nightsitting areafront desk staffdefinitely stay here again
Reviewed 26 May 2013

So this is my 3rd year staying in the sandman hotel for my yearly convention called Anime North and never had I once had a problem with this hotel up until this year. Upon check in, (our party got there at around 12:30 PM) we were requested to wait another one hour for the room because it wasn't prepared yet. This was okay since we could understand it was a convention and there were many people, but I feel as if they should of been more organized since they knew that a big convention was happening. After entering our room and we started to unpack, we found an empty box of condoms in one of the drawers. I had found this very unappealing since they had not taken the time to look through all the drawers and clean it out. Coming in and out from the hotel they front desk staff did not greet us, even when it wasn't busy and outside somebody else's room (right beside ours) there was a girl living outside in the hallway. (she even slept there!) As the convention came to a close and we checked out, I was very flustered because of the fact that I was miss lead in the pricing of the room. When I had called to book, called again to confirm the reservation and got to the hotel I had asked if this was the total pricing including tax and each and every time the server told me yes it included the tax. I had even asked the person I spoke to on the phone how much would it be with tax and she told me the same amount. Since a group of us was staying in the room, I was in charge of delegating the pricing of the hotel and my acquaintances were not too please to hear of a $20 price increase. We spoke to the manager and he was not kind to us at all. He acted like he did not care about what we were saying and I felt a vibe that if my parents had been there to complain instead of me, he would have done something for them but not us. I was fine with paying the extra fees, but I did not like the fact that I was misinformed and the manager did not treat us with respect at all.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chelsey W
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We always make a point of staying at The Sandman at the airport the night before we leave for a vacation south! It's a very nice, elegant, clean hotel and the attached restaurant, Moxie's, is so handy and always offers great service and a varied menu! The staff at the hotel and the restaurtant are so nice and genuine - what a way to start a vacation!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We would rank this the best of any airport hotel we have stayed in. The rooms are spacious, immaculate and the accents and colors make you feel relaxed and calm. The beds are sooooo comfortable. We were here for two nights prior to flying to Jamaica for a wedding.Having Moxies restaurant was an added bonus rather than the 'grab and go' which seems to be the norm elsewhere. We enjoyed a delightful evening meal and two breakfasts there with relatives and friends. We would only cast a negative vote on the Wifi as it was slow but being addressed. We did have relatives in close proximity but their hotel paled in comparison.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2013

My husband and I have stayed at the Sandman a few times as part of a business group to attend meetings there. We've stayed at numerous hotels on the airport strip and would rate this as one of the best!

The rooms are spacious with a bedroom separated from a small living room/kitchenette area, complete with full fridge, microwave, kitchen housewares, coffee/tea, etc.

The rooms are clean, beds are comfortable, amenities are of good quality and the hotel itself is nicely appointed.

I'd also highly recommend the restaurant Moxy's which is located off the hotel lobby. We've had dinner there a few times and everything has been great.

Parking is free and the location is not only close to the airport but also close to Hwy 427 to get you to Hwy 401 or the QEW where downtown Toronto is just a short drive away.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank BahiaDelray
Reviewed 22 March 2013 via mobile

When unread some of the reviews online I almost cancelled my reservation. Really glad I didn't. I stayed at the Sandman Airport in Calgary so decided to give it a try. The rooms divided into three sections. Living room , kitchenette and bedroom. The bedroom had its own door which reduced the amount of noise coming from the hallway that you normally get with most hotels. I also found that the furnishings in the rooms were in great shape and the hotel itself was still very modern despite what I read online. Moxie's is the restaurant and has great food and is always busy. I personally found it great value and was glad I stayed here versus the Delta which is where I normally stay. I will stay here again going forward.

• Stayed: March 2013