“Airport hotel with very nice restaurant”

Sandman Signature Toronto Airport Hotel
Ranked #43 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed here during a 5 day business trip, the reception can be a little slow and often you will have to wait a little before they show up from the back room. The rooms have the basics, including a very annoying alarm which woke me up 5 o'clock in the morning, I unplugged it, and sure enough, next morning it woke me up again because cleaning plugged it back in. The hotel is not the closest to the airport, but on the other hand you can find room to park, just remember to check your room rate, there is a daily 14 CAD parking fee. However the restaurant and bar (Moxie's) are definitely worth a visit. Very nice food served in great surroundings by attentive staff. In the reception are you will find a small cafe offering you coffee and snacks to go, for those to busy to sit down and enjoy breakfast.
Will come back again, if the rate is okay at the time.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
GM_Toronto, General Manager at Sandman Signature Toronto Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

I appreciate the time you took to write this review. I am sorry to hear about the confusion with the parking charge, I have also addressed the matter of the alarm clock with our Executive Housekeeper I am glad that you would close to stay with us again, thank you for the feedback as we await to welcome you back with us.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Easy drive from Pearson, with a shuttle service, large parking, clean and large rooms, right on top of an open-late Moxies(good for a Canadian chain). Polite staff. I would see no reason to look further for an airport hotel in Toronto.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ATBN

I want to thank you for this great review we greatly appreciate your positive feedback about our services, location and the friendliness of our associates. It is wonderful to see our guest return because of the service we offer, I will share this great feedback with team. Thank you again as we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Spent a week at this hotel during a recent business trip in the area . Overall the hotel had everything that I needed . It was clean.And quiet once the flights from the airport shutdown for the evening but you should be aware that until then , you can hear and even feel the aircraft .

There are several chain restaurants in the immediate area including Moxies which is located in the hotel itself.
I would return to this hotel in the future .

Room Tip: Hotel is located near the airport so flight traffic noise could be a problem for some .
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank dlkMontreal_

I appreciate the time you took to write this review. I am sorry to hear that you could hear the aircraft sound, thank your for this feedback it is greatly appreciated. We are waiting to welcome you back at the hotel.

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel lobby is very nice, I did find the rooms could be a little better kept.

They are starting to look worn.

Overall the hotel offers good value, and is a good choice if you have kids.

I believe they have an indoor pool, but you can also request a room with bunk beds.

It is great the have a Moxies on location, to grab a decent meal before your travels!

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Garbagefud
GM_Toronto, Manager at Sandman Signature Toronto Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Garbagefud,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments and reviews on Tripadvisor. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. I also want to use this opportunity to update you on a small change that has taken place in the room type you used with your family. We now have pool out couch instead of the bunk beds that we used to have.
Once more, thank you for your business and we can't wait to have you back in Toronto and the Sandman Signature Hotel.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here the night before our flight flew out on the recommendation of our travel agent. Although the rooms were adequate and the price was very attractive as it included our parking for the duration of our holiday. But, we were very disappointed with the flight pickup service upon our return to Toronto. As most people are usually pretty exhausted and just want to get home, it was very unfortunate that we had to wait 50 minutes (and 3 phone calls requesting) for a pickup although we were assured when we checked in that a vehicle would be there to pick us up if we called while waiting to claim our luggage (which we did do). Added to the frustration, it was early April and it was cold outside waiting. Therefore, I doubt it very much we would stay at the Sandman Signature Hotel Toronto Airport again when similar deals are available at other hotels near the Toronto airport. Hopes this helps.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rut E
GM_Toronto, Manager at Sandman Signature Toronto Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Rut E,
I want to thank you for taking the time to write to us about your experience at our hotel. We appreciate your business and we also take all complaints seriously. I understand how frustrating it can be to wait for that long for a shuttle in the cold and I want to use this opportunity to apologise on behalf of the hotel. We will take great steps in addressing this lapse in service and ensure that it does not happen again. Our utmost goal is always to reach and exceed our guests`expectation and it is a huge dissatisfaction to us if this goal is not met. Once more, thank you for exposing your experience to us.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Our travel agent suggested this hotel to us. We enjoyed our 1 night stay here, the front staff was friendly, our room was nice, the bed was comfortable, had a nice view from the window, clean room and quiet. One of the great things about this hotel was all the parking, we didn't have to park way back from the entrance. Our truck was fine the week it was there and there seems to be lots of lighting in the parking lot.
My only complaint would be when we were dropped off at the hotel after our vacation the driver left our luggage sitting in the middle of the drive through, hence I had to move our bags quickly out of the way as a taxi was trying to get through.
Overall good value for your money.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WildYellowDaisy
GM_Toronto, Manager at Sandman Signature Toronto Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Wild Yellow Daisy,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. It also gives us great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. It has always been our goal to reach and exceed our guests' expectation so we are happy whenever that goal is achieved. Hope to see you again when you next visit Toronto and thanks once more for your support.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I don't really have anything negative to say about the hotel.

We had a two queen room (without fridge or microwave - an extra $20 a night) and it was fairly modern and in good shape. The room itself was small but well equipped. We were on the eleventh floor so I cannot confirm if the Moxie's restaurant was actually loud - although we ate there one night and in the restaurant we certainly didn't find it loud. You will hear the occasional airplane but it's not like it's so loud that it should disrupt you in any way - I barely even noticed them. What you will notice though is how uncomfortable the bedding is. The bed itself is alright but the sheets and pillows are terrible. The bed had a basic bed sheet and a thin, heavy comforter that was made of some sort of material that is akin to grandma's couch; it's no doubt easier to just wipe down rather than actually wash. And although there's a different blanket in the closet that blanket is even worse as it some kind of foam material. If you're there for a night or two you probably won't notice but we couldn't wait to stay elsewhere at the conclusion of our stay.

The service was good. The lobby is beautiful. You'll find an expensive market in the lobby for some snacks. There's also a coffee bar that is only open until just before noon. You can also get a complimentary newspaper and apple in the lobby. The pool and hot tub is small - small enough that if there's another family in there it will feel crowded. There's only one chair in the pool area too. That being said, I didn't find many visitors used the pool area. Most of their visitors are people staying overnight before a flight, including pilots and flight crew, and people on business. There's a fitness center that is adequately equipped (also a full gym down the street) and a business center on the second floor. If you want a coffee or hot chocolate just go to the business center where there's also plastic wrapped muffins and coffee creamer available. It's a bit of a lounge too with a television and furniture along with the computers. Just ask for the door code from the front desk.

The location of the hotel is great. You can easily access the 401 and 427 which can get you anywhere quickly and there's plenty of restaurants in the area.

Paying for parking seems like a cash grab. Most hotels charge for parking when there's a concern non-hotel patrons will park on their site and leave no parking for paying hotel customers. However, this hotel is located at the end of a street with vacant lots next to it. No one is going to park there overnight except hotel patrons and there is adequate parking for the hotel and restaurant. I always think unnecessarily charging for parking is a huge negative for a hotel - they justified it as "everyone else does it"; which isn't entirely true and if they do their rates are much cheaper than here.

So why is this hotel only "decent"? Because you can get better value staying next door at the Marriott Residence Inn where you get a hot breakfast and a one bedroom suite with full kitchen for the same price as a two queen room here. We only stayed at this hotel because my fiance's work was putting her up there at a preferred rate. The hotel could provide a better value.

Room Tip: Check out the business center for free fresh brewed coffee or hot chocolate (and coffee creamers) as...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank B-l-a-i-r_82

I love when we receive detailed reviews about the experience that our guest have during their stay at our hotel. You touched on many things about our great property and we appreciate the feedback, the feedback on the sheets and blankets will be used in our decision making process of the future choices we make. I am happy that you received great service and I can tell by your review that you used all the services available. Thank you for all your feedback.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport
Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
TownePlace Suites Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre
Westin Toronto Airport
#66 of 137 in Toronto
Hampton Inn by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre

Been to Sandman Signature Toronto Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!