“Excellent overnight choice en route to our honeymoon”

Sandman Signature Toronto Airport Hotel
Ranked #43 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent overnight choice en route to our honeymoon”
Reviewed 14 July 2009

My wife and I stayed here the night of our wedding since we were leaving for our honeymoon to Greece the next day. The Sandman Signature couldn't have been more helpful, allowing us to drop off and store our bags a full week before our departure date.

Despite checking in very late after our wedding, the front desk staff settled us in to our room very quickly. That said, here's our summary:

ROOM - clean and very comfortable, satisfying and exceeding our expectations

VALUE - In comparison to alot of the overpriced hotels in the area, you can't beat the Sandman's value for what you get in return

CONVENIENCE - Literally a 7 minute cab ride from the airport terminal, perfect for anyone having to catch an early flight.

STAFF - Despite our brief stay, we did have interaction with the hotel's staff, who were courteous, helpful and friendly, from assisting us in storing our luggage, to calling a taxi for us the next day to head to the airport.

EXTRAS - Although we opted for for taxi, the hotel does offer a free shuttle service to the airport which is an added bonus

THE BOTTOM LINE - Value-wise, the Sandma Signature is an excellent choice, and were very happy with our experience staying there for the night.

2 Thank globalwanderer2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed 9 July 2009

A friend and I stayed at the Sandman Signature for a gaming conference at the International Centre. Though not ideally located for this purpose, it was simple enough to catch a cab by asking the friendly staff, though one of the cab drivers was a bit sketchy. Our plan was to stay somewhere slightly more inconvenient but a bit on the nicer side.

The airport shuttle service picked me up without too much trouble and it was nice to avoid having to pay another cab. On my arrival in the afternoon, I went over to Moxie's for lunch and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food since there are plenty of Moxie's restaurants in Calgary too. The service was a bit on the slower side. I ended up eating at Moxie's three times over the weekend and the dinner services were also slow which was disappointing for a half-filled restaurant on a Friday and Saturday night. The my steak on Saturday was unevenly cooked though my rack of lamb on Friday was fine. Don't order the calamari.

The hotel is clean and modern with a contemporary design. The rooms can be described the same way though the problems are below the surface. There were issues with the electronic keys not working properly to the point where we were locked out and had to get replacements. The air conditioning in our room was not cold at all and we went from 24 degrees to 26 degrees despite setting the thermostat for under 20. The closet door hiding the safe (across from a hole in the wall) was broken and wouldn't slide properly. The faucet in the washroom often sputtered with inconsistent water pressure and the shower temperature had to be adjusted often as the hot water could not be maintained. With all that said, the beds were made properly and our towels were taken care of with no complaints. My traveling companion appreciated the complimentary bottle of water.

Overall, I felt like we got what we paid for (a good value) though I feel our experience could have been that much better had we not experienced these hotel room issues.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank silee
Surrey
Reviewed 8 July 2009

We stopped here for the first night of our honeymoon as we were getting in from a late arriving flight and didn't want to pick up a hire car until the morning. The room was really nice with a good size lounge, small kitchen, bathroom and bedroom. The facilities were also good with a swimming pool, jacuuzi and also the breakfast was really tasty. For an airport stopover I would highly reccomend it. Free shuttle service also to and from the airport.

Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2009

We stayed here for one night at the start of our trip to Canada. Unfortunately our flight was delayed 3 hours so we didn't spend as much time here as we would have liked. Our room was very comfortable & clean and although we didn't eat at the hotel we had a drink there & found the bar and dining area quite impressive. All in all a good choice and great start to our holiday.

Cantley, Qc
Reviewed 27 June 2009

We stayed here for 5 nights and really enjoyed our stay. We liked our room, comfortable bed, nice seating area and contemporary décor. Location was great we enjoyed seeing the planes go by and restaurants were close by. Service was great, good housekeeping and clean room. The only thing missing, for me, was a seating area outside. Would definitively stay again.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
canada
Reviewed 26 June 2009

our trip started out well...as our TA booked us into the Sandman for our Park n fly hotel, I telephoned them to add a friend from the area to our hotel room for the night and the airport shuttle. She is in a wheelchair so we had to make sure that they booked the wheelchair accessible van. Our TA told me that there would be an extra cost for it as our room was double occ..
I called sandman and they added my friend NO issue...and did not charge. The service was beyond exceptional from the moment we arrived in the Parking lot and beginning to unload our luggage from the car. The bellman was out in a shot to help us. He was funny and genuinely nice. He took us to the front desk , where I marvelled in the fact that I had actually only paid 89 plus tax for this place. Spotless and modern to say the least.

Moxies Restaurant just off the lobby.

He took us to our room..wow. not huge but BEAUTIFUL. two queen beds, flat screen tv, wireless internet...great modern washroom with deep bath..

We went over to Arizonas to meet a friend for drinks and apps...great time as always..and have to say was pleased that we did not book our usual park and fly which is right beside Arizona's...while it has always been ok for the purpose, gotta say I was still having a hard time believing how great the Sandman was

After dinner we went back to the Sandman to meet our friend...and have some wine..
I had a car seat that I was taking to Punta Cana for my niece. The WONDERFUL staff at the Sandman wrapped it for me to transport.

He delivered it up to our room an hour later..all ready for the plane. WONDERFUL SERVICE>>WONDERFUL ROOMS>>WONDERFUL PRICES!!

What more can you ask for?? I can tell you this for sure. We travel (usually my husband and I) to Punta Cana 4 times yearly..and have found our NEW stopover hotel. Bye Carlingview..HELLO Sandman Signature.

Lynn Dray
Ontario

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
Indianapolis
Reviewed 19 June 2009

This hotel isn't too far from the airport and features nice, clean rooms and a courteous staff. There is plenty of free parking in their spacious lot. These rooms appear more modern in design. I stayed in the family-sized room. This includes two bedrooms: a room with a bunkbed and a room with a king sized bed. Their was also a mini fridge and a microwave, as well. Overall, this was a nice, quiet experience for me. Not a very quick drive to the downtown area, though!

• Stayed September 2008, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport
Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
Westin Toronto Airport
#64 of 137 in Toronto
TownePlace Suites Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre
Residence Inn Toronto Airport
Hampton Inn by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre

Been to Sandman Signature Toronto Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!