Sandman Signature Toronto Airport Hotel
US$675
US$642
Delta Hotels
  • Pool
The Omni King Edward Hotel(Toronto)
US$248
US$308
US$974
US$757
  • Pool
All reviewsmoxie's restauranttoronto airportshuttle servicefree shuttlepark and flysmall kitchenseparate bedroomfull kitchenan overnight stayking suiteair canadatravel agentbeds were very comfortablestayed here for one nightsitting areafront desk staffdefinitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 December 2009

Multiple problems with booking confirmation from hotel. Staff polite but unwilling to solve problems related to their errors. Icing on the cake was not following through on the wake-up call. All we needed was a place to sleep 12 hours before a flight. They mishandled every aspect of the interaction. And are unrepentant.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank IAmNotANewfie
Reviewed 26 November 2009

I have really nothing bad to say except if you go with a family they only have 2 towels in the family room???? And the main bedroom you can't shut the door because the themostat is by the bunk beds lol.
If you are staying by yourself for business it's awesome with a Moxies underneath :)

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2009

We stayed in 2 suites at the hotel. Great hotel considering it is an airport hotel and the price is low. On an absolute standard though, the hotel and rooms are superficially nice - i.e. fancy design and weak construction. So while I would stay there again within the next couple of years, I probably would not stay there say, 5 few years from now. Rooms are clean though were a few spots they missed. Problem with suite - the couch is NOT a sleeper and is small. Hotel doesn't have rollaway beds/cots either. We ended up getting another suite while we were there - though they did discount the suite. Also, the kitchen in the suite is not usable - when we turned on the oven, it started to smoke through the stove - scary! Also, like other reviewers said, the shuttle is unreliable. I had 2 kids under 2 yrs old with me, and we waited in the cold for shuttle that we needed to call twice for at 10 pm. Turned out they shared the shuttle with another hotel and the sign that said 'Sandman' was a small paper sign on the dashboard. Similarly leaving the hotel, the shuttle outbound is not reliable or on schedule either. Finally, service was mediocre. Room service was good - ordered breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2009

I stayed here for 2 nights with my husband, parents and 3 yr old daughter. On arrival, we were greeted by a smiling porter, who offered my daughter some fruit from the bowl at reception.

The rooms were spotlessly clean and decorated to a high standard. My parents felt it was a bit too posh for them, but it wasn't expensive. Although we were close to the airport, I was not aware of much noise overnight. There was no sound from the rooms next to us either.

The only down side is that breakfast isn't included (we've found that buffet breakfasts at motels/hotels are becoming commonplace nowadays, but rare 10-15 years ago). There is a restaurant on site but there was a menu in the room and we could see that the prices were really high. However, there are a few restaurants nearby and we located a Tim Hortons and Subway within a few minutes drive.

It's not close to downtown, so we drove in to town the next day and parked at an all-day parking lot for about $10. This was a lot cheaper than staying at a decent downtown hotel. Most downtown hotels charge for parking too.

We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank AmandaJA
Reviewed 25 October 2009

We booked a stay after reading the reviews here. I am so pleased we did! We got a Family Suite for under $100 USD per night on a weekend. The suite had 2 rooms. The first was a child's room near the door with bunk beds, a TV and bean bag chairs. The bean bag chairs were such a cute, useful touch and our kids loved them. The second room had a very nice, comfortable king-sized bed, flat screen TV, desk and large window.

Our original plan was to put both kids in the child's room, but my daughter is only 3 years old and felt too scared to sleep in her own room with her baby brother in a foreign place.

So the first night, I slept with my daughter in the child's room. I did not sleep well at all. There was a lot of noise from the hallway and the bed was pretty hard. However, she slept very soundly. The second night, I traded with my husband, and slept in the adult room with my baby. My husband had no problems sleeping in the child's room. He didn't notice the noise from the hallway and felt the bed was nice and firm. My daughter had another good night's sleep in the child's room as well. I am a light sleeper, but both of them are heavy sleepers so it was great for them.

The king bed was very comfortable with amazing pillows and a cozy comforter. The kitchenette was great. The toiletries provided in the bathroom were quality products that smelled terrific!

The hotel lobby is modern and very nice. The hotel rooms are very nicely decorated. The service I received at this hotel is the best hotel service I have ever had! The front desk staff was very knowledgeable and friendly. Very easy check-in and check-out. We had a problem with a lock in our room that was resolved immediately and courteously.

The hotel pool is small, but clean. The electronic room key cards had to be fixed a couple of times throughout our stay as they stopped working. We also had an issue with the temperature in the suite. Most guests staying in a Family Suite want to close the door between rooms - thus, the reason for getting the suite instead of just a hotel room with 2 beds. We were told by the staff at check-out that the closing of this door messes up the thermostat. The heater is set up so that you cannot adjust it manually, you can only adjust the temperature which is not accurate. We were either way too hot or way too cold any time the door was closed. This needs to be fixed by management asap. Also, they provide a hair dryer that cannot be plugged in to the outlet in the bathroom due to the size of the hair dryer plug and the proximity of a screwed down bathroom mirror on the wall. I just took the hair dryer into the bigger bedroom and used the mirror there. Seemed like a strange thing in a hotel so full of great decor and amazing service.

We wanted to eat in the restaurant located within the hotel, but walked over to it and determined it was a little too nice for young children.

Would recommend to anyone as long as they are heavy sleepers or do not sleep in the child's room of the Family Suite. The hotel location is somewhat removed from the energy and life of the city, but we were more than willing to make that sacrifice for such a great stay. The area on the other side of the highway seemed a little dirty and sketchy, but the immediate area of this hotel seemed quite safe. We consider this place to be quite a find and will stay here anytime we are in the Toronto area.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family