“Step it up”

Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: East End
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We've been going here for over 15 years. we started off loving it, then just liking it, now it's just ok... you can no longer order skewers by the piece. There is less fresh green veg on the plate but more potato and rice? Lamb and beef dishes are limited, where are the grilled and fried calamari, octopus, fresh fish ect...? For a long standing restaurant they really do need to step it up!

2  Thank eatdrinktravelrepeat

Reviewed 4 August 2014

The patio looks nice until you walk in restaurant. The further back you are seated the more it looks gloomy. Hospitality is cold and the waiters are worst and their English is not very good. I had pasta and sea food for $24, my friend had grilled calamari it was not tender but rubbery. All the other Creek restaurant includes salad with the calamari but Cristina did not. We even had to ask for bread. We have been at other Creek restaurants on The Danforth and Cristina was the worst by far. Over priced, over rated, poor service, cold hospitality and poor quality of food. Would definitely not return.

5  Thank Sal T
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I loved going to Christina's as it was a great place to go late night for a meal and bottle of wine. We had not been in a few weeks and decided to go this weekend. When we opened our menu, we were shocked at the sudden increase in price. Almost every dish including appetizers were raised $4-$5. I understand that prices do sometimes need to go up but not that drastic and not every item. Normally when we go Christina's is packed and the other restaurants only have a table or two. This weekend it was opposite. We wondered why it was so quiet when we arrived while every other restaurant was packed. I really think this decision to raise prices is going to hurt the business. Raising prices is a part of business, but it needs to be done in a way that it is not such a sting to your customers.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I ordered lamb shishkobab last night. It wasn't edible it was all grizzle. The waiter spoke to the manager who said it was because I had ordered medium rare. I have had lamb hundreds of times and this was the worse ever. He didn't come to speak to me he just sent the rediculous explanation. The waiter was pleasant and my son had the squid which was very good so I still tipped appropriately as I don't hold the waiter responsible for the quality of food. Won't go back or recommend.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I had the lamb chops, delicious. The atmosphere is great, they had a belly dancer. Service was excellent. Only negative was the smoking on the patio, right beside the no smoking sign. Appetizers were delicious, we had a sample platter. Various dips, pits bread,pickled octopus, olives and other stuff. Very good.