“Glad I gave it a second chance”

Fred's Not Here Restaurant
Ranked #120 of 8,936 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$12 - US$39
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse, Canadian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown West
Cross street: John Street
Transit: Subway: 2- minute from St. Andrew Subway Station.
Description: Casual Bistro located in the heart of Entertainment District specialize in wood grilled steaks & lobster. Certified Angus, USDA Prime and Ontario Dry Aged Beef grilled over Canada"s first commercial indoor hickory & oak fired pellet char-broiler
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

I had dinner with my boyfriend during winterlicious of 2013. The food was amazing. The service was so awful we decided not to return even though the manager tried to compensate for the bad service. Recently we decided to give it another chance since we did love the food and the ambiance. We hoped bad service wouldn't repeat itself. I'm very happy to say we weren't disappointed at all. The manager remembered us when we walked in even though it was a year and a half later. Our server, Carrie, was amazing. They definitely redeemed themselves. I'm very happy to say that we will return. Most likely for the lobster and crab soup (best appetizer on the menu) and any of their wood grilled dishes.

3  Thank Maysara M

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Went there with my workmate. The food was so good. and the staff was so friendly and amazing. When i first came i was seated facing the window. And i requested the waiter to move us in other table since my eyes hurt because of the sunlight. And my server (I forgot his name, but he is bald and wearing glasses) was more than happy to move us to another table (I was so impressed considering the restaurant was so busy and fully booked).

The food, from appertizer till dessert was so amazing and very filling.
I cant wait to come back to try another menu from there!

Best summerlicious experience ever.

Would recommend to others!

2  Thank nathania_s12345
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Invited four friends for a summerlicious lunch and we all were impressed the selections and the service. Despite the busy hour my gests were amazed and enjoyed their dishes thoroughly.

2  Thank emic
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I went over the weekend for a Summerlicious lunch and I was not impressed. The only thing good about this place was the amazing lobster and crab soup! I loved it and would recommend it to anyone who finds themselves here.
My steak was very overcooked and dry and in my friend's entrée, she found a huge chunk of plastic, but we didn't complain because we didn't want to pester anyone. But worst of all, I found the service horrible. I work in the service industry, so I try to be understanding of servers all the time knowing what they face behind the scenes, but my waitress was inexcusable. She never checked up on my table once. I gave her the benefit of the doubt and thought maybe it was because she was busy, but the restaurant was DEAD. Once my friend and I finished our dessert, she didn't even ask if we wanted coffee/tea, she simply cleared our table and at the same time, brought us our bill without saying anything. I've never had a worst waitress and found the service infuriating.

1  Thank Jordan L
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We went for the Summerlicious event and had the Prime Rib - it was out of this world good, best prime rib I've ever had. It was cooked perfectly and seasoned nicely and the potatoes it came with were really good too. The atmosphere was good, small but busy and the service was excellent. Highly recommend, my only regret is not having the Crab and Lobster soup - it looked delicious.

2  Thank jlachan4