“Worst Mexican Food Ever”

Fernando's Hideaway
Ranked #5,662 of 8,509 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Mexican
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Toronto, Canada
“Worst Mexican Food Ever”
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I can't say anything positive about this restaurant. The food is terribly overcooked and bland, obviously precooked adn then rewarmed. The atmosphere is dark adn dingy and the service is mediocre. Don't waste your money going here. You will be disappointed.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank John R

Estero, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Time Waster”
Reviewed 22 December 2012 via mobile

I hate to give poor reviews but this was disappointing. We were the only ones there, so no problem with service. Chips were stale, entrees were bland and overcooked. It's now called "Fernando's Hideaway". Don't go.

1 Thank Kristin L
Toronto
“My new "hideaway"”
Reviewed 20 November 2012 via mobile

Have nothing but good things to say. I've walked by this place 100 times and finally I had a chance to go there the other day with my bestie and we had an unreal experience. The server Sara was super welcoming and clearly had a lot of experience waitressing. She had great recommendations and by the end of the night I feel like we had a new friend. We got nachos and fajitas and they were delicious. The chicken was cooked and seasoned really well. We also had deep fried ice cream, which is a Mexican dessert and it was pretty good. Definitely will be going back!!!

“Everyone on here has no clue what they are talking about.”
Reviewed 31 August 2012

I've been coming here for over 4 years now and the food is as good as it was on my first visit. The service is friendly and excellent, I love their Nachos and the Mexican flag. Anyone I bring here loves the Margarettas and sangria but I'm a beer guy. So for those of u who actually listen to reviews and other peoples opinions I say "Go try it for yourself" I personally recommend it.

Toronto
“Stay away!”
Reviewed 3 August 2012 via mobile

Top signs this is a place to stay away from: 1. You walk in and there are only 2 customers there. 2. The service is excruciatingly slow where you have to ask to be served, for a dessert menu, and your bill. When your food comes, the server doesn't even bother to check to see how you enjoy the food. 3. The server deters you from ordering anything off the dessert menu. If they wouldn't recommend it, why would I eat it? 4. The portions size is not worth the price. 5. The atmosphere is dingy. 6. Only 1 other couple came in in a 90 min time frame. 6. The server spilled a drink order on our clothing. If all this still doesn't deter you, experience it for yourself.

1 Thank adidas0203