“Quality steak and fresh products” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #46 of 8,405 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Brussels, Belgium
“Quality steak and fresh products”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Yes you can eat a quality steak here and they work with fresh products. Staff Needs to give a bid more attention to their guest.

• Visited July 2014

Toronto, Canada
“Steak Sandwich actually has STEAK”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

I stopped in while working downtown. I wanted to treat myself to something fancy but once the menu was before me, I couldn't justify spending $60+ on a quick lunch by myself.

I ordered the steak sandwich and had an immediate regret. Now I would be paying steak house prices for pub fare. What was I thinking?

Well, I was pleasantly surprised when the meal arrived. Normally, steak sandwiches are made with thin meat. This was one inch thick and juicy. It was still modest in scale. Think hot dog size versus a full steak between bread slices but, I got the sense I was eating a proper steak.

Regarding atmosphere: The place is dark... like, cave dark. It takes several minutes to adjust after walking in from a bright summer day. I made the mistake of going to the bathroom which is fully lit. It isn't dirty or anything but, the badly aged and poorly maintained walls make me wonder if that is what the whole place looks like with the lights on.

Bottom line, I would return to try a real steak when I can justify the costs.

Naples Florida
“Disappointing!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

We first went to Barberian's in 1969 with a 3 year old and a newborn in a car bed (no seatbelts back then) It was one of our favorite steakhouses and we returned many times (without babies in tow). For 45 years we have recommended this restaurant, and we have toured the magnificent wine cellar. Last summer we were not as happy with our meal but on our last visit to Toronto this June, we were back again. And I hate to admit it, but both our meals were mediocre. I had medium rare prime rib, very chewy and tasteless. My husband had New York strip, same result. The gentlemen on either side of us raved about their steak but they had had quite a few drinks, we shared a bottle of wine, maybe not enough to overlook the meal. All else was great, just the meat was disappointing, will not return until we forget the last two meals!

1 Thank GrammyofTriplets
Halifax, Canada
“Beef well cooked but not tasty”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

It's not a bad place as long as you bring a flashlight to find your table. But from what I could see, this restaurant is certainly steeped in tradition. Ordered roast prime rib. It was perfectly cooked and well marbled, but I found that the meat was lacking flavour. Maybe not aged well enough. I'd rate it average, nothing special, except that I found the service to be impeccable. A well-deserved tip.

Toronto, Canada
“An old part of Toronto that never disappoints...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

We have previously been to Barberian's but wanted to treat our teenage kids to a true part of Toronto. As always, the filets were great and cooked to perfection. Service was excellent and the staff very attentive. It is not cheap but prices are comparable to similar steakhouses but Barberian's has a feel all to its own. We had the opportunity to eat at one of the 'high-end' steakhouses a few days later and were very disappointed in both the quality and service. We highly recommend Barberian's.

• Visited May 2014