“Loved the makeover.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brownstone Bistro

Brownstone Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Brownstone Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #394 of 8,404 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$12 - US$26
Cuisines: Italian, Bar, Canadian, International
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Family owned Italian/Continental fusion restaurant. We have been a staple in the Yonge and Wellesley community for the past 13 years. Just recently we underwent a major renovation courtesy of the TV show Restaurant Takover on the Food Network. Ambiance is elegant and classy without being pretentious or stuck up. Our exceptionally-trained staff provide our guests with fast and efficient service while ensuring they feel relaxed and comfortable, never rushed. But most importantly, they make sure our guests feel welcome in our home.
Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada
“Loved the makeover.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

This was our first visit since the renovations. Loved the outcome, and of course the great food and wonderful staff.

• Visited July 2012
Mark Y, Owner at Brownstone Bistro, responded to this review, 15 August 2012
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. Initially we were unsure as to how our guests would embrace the change but it seems they really enjoy it which was a great relief on our part. Happy you enjoyed everything and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you!

the Netherlands
“My only European experience while in Toronto!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2012

I have been visiting friends and family in Toronto and whilst there, like in many previous occassions I visit, eat and experience many hidden culinary gems and such in GTA and especially across downtown Toronto.

This time on, accompanied by one of my most dearest friends and taking her advice to the heart; I followed her to this lovely location along Yonge street. Given the rather small terrace was totally packed, the waitor offered to create a cosy fun place for us so to be seated on the outside, but being a North European traveller and totally not used to the utmost humid and "hot" summer in Toronto, we declined his offer and chose to be seated inside.

We were not that hungry to order a full meal but again the waitor came to rescue me from the confusion of many yummy food and me not being able to choose which to order, so we got a platter of all starters along with our drinks.

The platter; more of Tapas style, was nicely chosen, arranged and served with fresh herbs and the quality of the food was just more than what I could expect from any place along Yonge street.

It was/is perhaps the only European experience I had to encounter during this visit at any restaurant, bistro or café along Yonge street which is rich to many of such of different nations and cultures offering a varied selection of food from every corner of this globe. But Brownstone Bistro is a bit of a so called " Bruin Café" as the Dutch call them with high quality good food, a nice selection for every taste and above all, friendly staff!

The staff makes for the half of your culinary experience and here I was able to see them truly interact with the guests, provide solvency and have a nice friendly chatter and THAT is my most memorable part of this experience.

Thank you and "tot ziens" as the Dutch say! (see you soon again)

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mark Y, Owner at Brownstone Bistro, responded to this review, 10 August 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We strive to create that European environment with our exposed brick walls and varied cuisine. Great to hear we were able to achieve our goal. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to your return toToronto :)
Seabrook, New Hampshire
“Worth an 11 hour drive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

My husband and I decided to travel to Toronto on a last minute adventure. Upon arrival into the city we took a stroll with the mission to find some amazing food. Brownstone Bistro was highly recommended by a woman that was working in a nearby shop so we decided to try it out.

First, the interior decor is amazing. Nothing like what I had anticipated and I found myself pulling out my camera to snap some shots to share back home.

We ordered the lasagna, which was highly recommended, and was very pleased. The portions are perfect and once you taste it you instantly forget the fact that it's displayed too pretty to eat. It was a perfect first night in Toronto.

Looking at the dessert menu I questioned if I had enough of an appetite left until I saw the Caramel Truffle Chocolate Cake. End result, I found myself carrying a piece of that cake back to the hotel every night. I was never a chocolate girl before, but now I have been converted. It's been a few months since our trip and I've said on more than one occasion "I'm willing to drive 11 hours again just to have dinner there." We'll be back!

• Visited May 2012
Mark Y, Owner at Brownstone Bistro, responded to this review, 28 July 2012
Firstly, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We always love hearing what our guests think, regardless of if it's good or bad (but quite frankly, we enjoy the good a lot more than the bad). Great to hear we were able to contribute to your stay in Toronto. Looking forward to seeing you next time you're in the city. Thanks again!
“We had a wonderful stay yesterday, delicious food and perfect service and enjoyed th Perfect Evening and Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

We had a wonderful stay yesterday, delicious food and perfect service and enjoyed the evening out with our Canadian colleagues
Andrea & Angelina from Switzerland

1 Thank Switzerlan
Mark Y, Owner at Brownstone Bistro, responded to this review, 26 July 2012
Happy we could contribute to your stay in Toronto. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and we hope to see you again next time you're in town :)
Winnipeg, Canada
“Complements to the chef!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012 via mobile

The "Steak Night" menu not just sounded good it also tested delicious. The 8oz Sirloin made to a perfect MR, sautéed with wild mushrooms on a bed of baked potatoes and veggies accompanied by a nice selection of draughts - made our night!

Highly recommended!

1 Thank Kot79
, Owner at Brownstone Bistro, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. The Steak Night is one of our most popular features. Happy you got to enjoy it. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon :)