“This restaurant deserves to be better known”
Review of Camerini Ristorante - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: North End
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We were at Camerini for one of our regular visits. As always, we got full satisfaction. The son's owner John greeted us warmly; the owner himself, Domenico, came out of the kitchen to talk with us. The food was great as expected. The veal medaillions porcini I had were tender; the sauce was of the kind you don't want to leave on your plate. I tried my wife's pasta: it was also delicious. A minor surprise was that only two other guests were there when we arrived just before 9. Of course it's summer, and people tend to be at their cottages, but you'd expect a restaurant so consistently good as Camerini to attract more customers. Perhaps it needs some advertising.

2  Thank operalover939

Reviewed 20 January 2013

Spring of 1988 my wife and I visited Camerinis. It was my third visit and my wife's visit. I knew the owners and was given a tour and they sheepishly admitted that their main cook/chef wasfrom China. The menu selections were well designed but we decided to let the management preparefor us whatever they wished. We only said we will let you know when we are finished. The food was excellent, properly sized for our tasting spree. Bruno was most helpful. After our meal, which seemed to consume a couple of hours, a large party came in but they were short two seats to be able to seat the party. We gave up our seats for another table and our hosts made sure we were supplied with coffee, lattes and deserts. I must thank my , then peers, at McDonalds Corp for introducing me to one of the best Italian restaurants in the US.
PS my wife and another couple will be returning to Camerinis this Spring.

Reviewed 18 December 2012

This is a place that you immediately relax; your coat can be stored downstairs or not, as you choose. The owner or his sons greet you, and if you have been there before, say something extra welcoming. You sit down and some bruschetta is served right away, just like the old days.

There is a good array of different appetizers and main course selections, I love them all, you will too if you go often enough. They have Italian red wine (I don't care about the others), the good stuff from Puglia and Abruzzo. So order some meat and marry it with some excellent wine, for a real Italian eating experience, that other places fall short of delivering.

The servers float around during the evening, paying attention to your meal and your well being. Suggestions are intuitive but not forceful, and the dessert potions are complimentary to the espresso, or latte that finishes off the journey. I almost always go for the specials, because they are.

This is a restaurant that you want to get to know the staff by name, as your pallet will thank you while your waist will not. Perhaps I’ll see you there. Bon Appetite

Reviewed 14 December 2012

We read about Camerini Ristorante and since we were staying nearby we decided to give it a try. The idea of an authentic family owned Italian restaurant really appealed to us. Opon arrival we were surprised by the simplicity of the place. The bright lighting and yellow paint theme was not necessarily a bad thing but not the atmosphere we were expecting. The staff were very welcoming and obliging throughout the meal. They helped us with entre selections and suggested a great Merlot which we really enjoyed. The problem was that meals were nothing to rave about for the prices we paid. I had the linguini with black tiger shrimp, one of the most expensive items on the menu at $25 which was delicious but it came with only two shrimp. I was shocked to say the least. At any rate a good time was had by all and I must say the service was great, just a bit pricey for the overall package.

Reviewed 11 December 2012

This is the sort of place where you love to come back. It's unpretentious and very friendly. As regulars you will feel as it you were returning home for another one of your mother's meals, always provided your mother was a great cook. The salads, the soup, the escargots, and especially the grilled calamari are all excellent starters. Whether you like pasta, sea food, chicken or veal doesn't matter: all of them are well-prepared and tasty. Our sons both like the gnocchi in Gorgonzola sauce on the side: not the low-cal option but very tastyThe wine list is short, and the wines are a tad expensive, but no one says you have to drink a lot. Among the desserts the tiramisu and the tartufo ice cream are our favorites. It's always a pleasure to chat with Domenico or one of his sons, and you leave the place feeling well-fed and well-cared for.

1  Thank operalover939