“I Am Still Dreaming of My Dinner”

Canoe Restaurant & Bar
Neighbourhood: Downtown West
Cross street: Bay and Wellington Streets
Transit: King and Bay
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Before traveling to Toronto, I researched restaurants and Canoe was at the top of my list to visit. It did not disappoint. The skies were overcast the evening I dined there, so I was not able to enjoy the view. Surprisingly, we were able to get in without a reservation, but I recommend you plan ahead. Most everything we ordered was wonderful in taste and presentation. The only complaint lodged was from the person who ordered the elk steak, pronouncing it a little too well done. The mushroom soup and vegetable risotto that I ordered was delicious as was the taste of a companion's fluke. The fluke was melt-in-your-mouth buttery. Even the desserts surpassed expectations.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,768)

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Fabulous meal in one of Toronto's great institutions. We had a wonderful evening with a fixed menu with wine pairing. Expensive...but well worth the money for the experience. Make sure you reserve a window seat to really make the experience special. Warm, experienced and friendly atmosphere and staff. Go splurge!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had a big family gathering at Canoe recently, and we were very pleased with the service and food. Everything was delicious, and nobody seemed to mind that we had a one-year old with us.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

What a wonderful evening for 26 of our closest friends. We were able to reserve a beautiful private room looking over the city of Toronto to host a birthday party for my husband. We had amazing service, passed appetizers, wine and drinks while mingling with good friends before sitting down to a wonderful meal, the lamb, beef, fish were all excellent. Wonderful flavors. They were able to accommodate the vegetarians as well as the gluten free. Dessert was a chocolate mousse or a butter tart. Again, the service, the ambiance, the view were all amazing. We started at 7.30pm and did not feel rushed at all. We left close to 1am. Every detail I was worried about was taken care of - down to a printed, personalized menu with my husband's picture on it for his birthday!

1  Thank RainKap
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Canoe impresses from the moment you step out of the lift on the 54th floor.
You really need to book to a) insure you can get in & b) reserve one of the window tables looking out over the CN Tower & Downtown Toronto.
Once you've taken in the view you now need to decide what to eat & drink... not the easiest of tasks given the selection on offer but the staff are very informative about all the dishes.
We had a fantastic 3 course meal and whilst expensive you really do get what you pay for.